Community Forum

In Contempt 1-9 missing HD/SD

Problem Solver

In Contempt 1-9 missing HD/SD

As of 2:00 PM Eastern, last night’s (Jun 5) In Contempt 1-9 from BET network is missing, both HD and SD. Checked via Search. Looks like 1-8 got tossed away as well. 1-9 is available on Xfinity streaming app for those wanting to view on their stove tops. I prefer the tellie, myself. Please get this fixed.
Official Employee

Re: In Contempt 1-9 missing HD/SD

Hi ForrestS, I show the episodes in question for the show " In Contempt" have been removed from your on demand menu. Only the network (BET) has the ability to add or remove the content from your on demand menu, please allow them 24-48 hours to add the content back. If you do not see the shows in that time please reach out to the network directly and request that they add the content back. 

Problem Solver

I do not find your reply satisfactory. When previous day episodes are missing (when they are normally available by the early morning) Comcast should reach out to the network providers once one of us clients detects and reports the omission.

I find it very suspicious that on one day, yesterday, new shows from several networks got posted late in the day: History, BET, FX, Nat Geo. ( And TNT...I did not write a ticket when I saw that Animal Kingdom was missing around noon; it appeared soon after.)

Either this is a monumental coincidence, or Comcast has misled us on how posting happens. Yesterday’s events are far more plausibly explained if Comcast actually populates shows in the HD and SD menus from materials supplied by the networks. Not the networks populating these menus directly themselves. Here, it would be a single point of failure explaining why so many shows were missing as of early afternoon.

Finally, I do see episode 9, thanks for adding, but anyone who missed episode 8 will be unable to watch it, since it is missing. Oddly, episode 9 does not appear under the Search function for “Contempt”; it must be named funny.
Official Employee

@ForrestS, I understand your concern but we don't have the ability to post an content on demand that we don't own. Each network owns it's own content and provides the feed for all new episodes to your favorite shows. When the shows are missing, it is due the the network not providing a feed for it. We do our best to communicate with the networks to get these issues repaired, but it is impossible to report every issue that is brought to us because the missing content could be due to equipment failure or it could only be impacting one customer due to signal issues.