Community Forum

IFC onDemand Documentary Now S3:E3 online is full episode but on TV is a preview

Frequent Visitor

IFC onDemand Documentary Now S3:E3 online is full episode but on TV is a preview

If I log in to my comcast.com account and pull up IFC's Documentary Now S3:E3 from a desktop computer outside of my own home network, I can watch the entire episode. It's just under 30 minutes long. 

If I do this from a desktop computer inside my home network or using my TV connected to my XFinity box, I get just a five minute clip. This same clip has been featured on the Documentary Now FaceBook page. 

Crazy, huh?

New Poster

Re: IFC onDemand Documentary Now S3:E3 online is full episode but on TV is a preview

Omg thank you! Thought I was going crazy/ Is this episode only 5 mins?!? Did yours resolve? I need to see the rest of this episode!
Official Employee

Re: IFC onDemand Documentary Now S3:E3 online is full episode but on TV is a preview

Hi, thank you both for posting and making us aware of this issue. I will look into this over the next few days and see what we can do about correcting it. Do you guys have our X1 equipment?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I have the XFinity box thru which accessing the IFC onDemand of Documentary Now S3:E3 plays a 5 min clip and not the full 23 minute episode. All other episodes listed as available play their full content. Only S3E3 appears to play the wrong content. 

This does not happen with the iPhone app or via the ROKU XFinity Stream app, however. Only the XFinity box.

You should probably also know that I do not have your cable modem or router.

Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

Hey toomuchtuna!

Thanks for piping up that you're having this problem, too. It's a wonderful thing to discover we are not alone. ;-)

I haven't yet been able to resolve this thru the XFinity box. However, I have verified that the full S3E3 episode is available for full viewing a number of different ways that do not involve the XFinity box and your TV:

- The iPhone Stream app 

- Your computer desktop web browser logged in to comcast.com

- Your computer desktop web browser logged in to IFC. Just use your comcast creditials when IFC's website asks you who your cable provide is. The IFC url to S3E3 is: https://www.ifc.com/shows/documentary-now/full-episodes/season-03/episode-03/original-cast-album-co-...
 - The ROKU XFinity Stream app running from a ROKU box or TV.

Stay tuned to see if / how comcast support comes through.

Cheers!

Frequent Visitor

Here's some crazy behavior for you:

I set my XFinity Box DVR to record the next replay of S3E3, which it did last night. All 35 minutes is there.

While this episode is on my DVR, I browse onDemand to IFC / Documentary Now / S3E3, where 'Watch Options' tells me I can watch the copy on my DVR as well as the one on IFC. Both play the full version.

I then deleted the copy on my DVR and went back to browse onDemand to IFC / Documentary Now / S3E3. No more 'Watch Options', just 'Watch', which brings up the 5 minute clip.

Crazy.

Official Employee

Hello all, 

I was able to play the episode beyond 5 minutes on my X1 box. Please retest and let us know if you're still having issues viewing the content in it's entirety. 

KenF

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Hey KenF,

Thanks for taking a look at this. 

I just pulled it up on mine and am still not getting the full episode. All other available episodes for the season come up fine. S3E3 is still the five minute teaser.

Is there a cache in my box that needs clearing?

Official Employee

@davidhempling, did you happen to attempt rebooting your box to see if that fixes the issue on your end?  Unplug the power cable from the back of the cable box, wait 10-15 secs, plug the power cable back in and allow 10 mins or less for it to reboot. 

Frequent Visitor

Hello ComcastAmira,

Disconnected the power to my X1 box, waited a minute, and reconnected power. No change. Still get the 5 minute clip instead of the 23 minute episode.

Same is true if I access the episode via my laptop within my home network using the chrome browser on my MacBookPro running MacOS 10.12.6.

However, using remote desktop software to connect to my Mac at work, and navigating to the same page on comcast.com, playing S3E3 brings up the full 23 minute episode.

I've tried wiping the browser cache on my home laptop. No change.

Since I've been able to watch the full episode, my pursuit of a solution at this point is to quell burning curiousity. 

Thanks for your help.

Official Employee

Thanks for confirming that for me! I was also not able to duplicate this on my end and I was able to make it past the 5 mins. I am not showing that multiple people are having this issue, nor am I showing this reported as a known issue. I'm at least happy you were able to watch the episode until this gets corrected. Thanks for bringing this to our attention and please let me know if I can be of any other assistance. Please be sure to reach back out if you experience anything related or for any future issues or concerns. We appreciate you being a Comcast customer and I hope you enjoy your day.