Community Forum

History Channel’s ‘Jesus: His Life’

Bronze Problem Solver

History Channel’s ‘Jesus: His Life’

Let me start by providing the link to the provider’s page for this series: https://www.history.com/shows/jesus-his-life?ef_id=EAIaIQobChMIwt6Ww7_S4QIVDvbjBx1IqQgKEAAYASAAEgJPQ...

First:  it would be helpful for those who wish to watch on the TV (SD or HD) to have a show page.  Or even under History Channel ‘specials’ sub-page.  I don’t see them, other than to type “His Life” from Comcast Search facility.

Second:  Looks like the 4th episode ‘Raising of Lazarus’ is missing from what Comcast Search shows as matches to “His Life”.  (Refer to History Channel link provided here.). OK, it does show up in Xfinity streaming app where the original 2-hour (two episodes a night) form is preserved.  In HD and SD form, the episodes are split out into 1 hour (well, 45 minute) form.  Perhaps the missing episode is the result of unintentional loss when splitting out items from the originally-paired episode format.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: History Channel’s ‘Jesus: His Life’

So, for TV viewing (SD and HD) the 4th of the 8 episodes (“Lazarus”) remains missing. Again, refer to History channel link in the first post for episode list details. Any chance that the On Demand experts can/will provide the missing episode? Thanks for looking into this...
Bronze Problem Solver

Is there any hope of Comcast addressing that one of the 8 episodes is still missing from TV On Demand? Actually the first two of the series have expired, so we now have 5 of the last 6 available SD and HD.

Since the missing episode (see earlier leafs of this thread) was paired with the ‘First Miracles’ episode, it will only be available until May 6th, even if it finally gets posted.

This is my last try.
Official Employee

I will check into this first thing tomorrow am.
Thanks,
Tony

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

There are a bunch of episodes not properly linked up to the correct episode numbers which is making things hard to piece together - I've asked the team to fix this.
Thanks,
Tony

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Bronze Problem Solver

Appreciate someone from Comcast finally noticing and reaching out, Tony. Not fixed yet, only a couple days before that missing episode expires.

I guess it makes some sense that there was no show page in On Demand listings (can only find via ‘Search’ on non-X1) given its special nature from History Channel. (I.e., relatively quick expiration whereas most of their stuff is available a very long time.)
Bronze Problem Solver

Thanks for trying, Tony, but nothing got fixed. It’s now moot, episode 4 has now expired even on History Channel’s internet viewing page. So it never appeared on Comcast TV On Demand.

Again, appreciate Tony noticing and trying, but bottom-line: too little too late. Tony, over the past few years, several forum members have raised the idea of some special interface or process to report legitimate (recently aired) omissions from On Demand. Something where we could avoid the long phone calls to 1-800-COMCAST where typically the reps don’t know how to act or respond.

Any thoughts on providing a better and quicker way?
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi there, ForrestS. I can see if I can help. I want to pull up your account first, however. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side

Bronze Problem Solver

No, this is silly. On Demand problems are not user specific. I split my time between two locations hundreds of miles away. I saw the same problem in both locations.

Again, this specific problem is now moot and OBE. There is a chance for Comcast to improve things like this in a more general sense in the future.
Official Employee

ForrestS, I understand where you're coming from. Because there are no known issues regarding what you're experiencing, we would have to troubleshoot on a case-by-case basis. This could also be due to the level of service you're subscribed to. If you change your mind, please feel free to send me a PM.

Bronze Problem Solver

Ally - thanks for the reply, but you are making my point. You say that Comcast was unaware that there was an issue, but my initial post pointing out the problem was written many weeks ago. But Comcast apparently didn’t bother to notice. I get tired of calling such problems in, as it normally involves 30 minutes or more of explaining, being put on hold, etc.

It is why various forum members over the years have asked that Comcast provide a better online way to report On Demand problems, since many posts here go unnoticed or ignored.
Official Employee

@ForrestS wrote: 

Ally - thanks for the reply, but you are making my point. You say that Comcast was unaware that there was an issue, but my initial post pointing out the problem was written many weeks ago. But Comcast apparently didn’t bother to notice. I get tired of calling such problems in, as it normally involves 30 minutes or more of explaining, being put on hold, etc. 

It is why various forum members over the years have asked that Comcast provide a better online way to report On Demand problems, since many posts here go unnoticed or ignored.

Thank you for providing such great feedback, I will be sure to pass this information along to our management team for consideration. We want you to have the best experience possible so we value customer feedback. I wouldn't be surprised if you see a change in how on demand issues are reported in the near future, feel free to reach back out to us here or via PM if you would like to look further into an individual issue. We're happy to help!

Official Employee

Hi Forrest - I'm sorry for the delay and lack of responses on this! Anyway... it looks as though the following should still be available. Jesus: Mary Magdalene: CrucifixionHD Jesus: Judas: The Betrayal HD Jesus: Pilate: The Trial HD Jesus: Peter: The Resurrection HD Joseph: The Nativity (purchase) Which should actually be labeled parts 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Thanks,
Tony

Official Employee

Oh and in regards to the wonky episode ordering or lack thereof we actually reached out to A&E Networks (who owns History). A second part of the overall issue is how these assets were delivered to us. Some are in 2hr blocks, others in 1hr block which doesn't line up to the linear schedule which always makes things tough for mapping purposes. Unfortunately History was unable to cut these assets per the linear schedule in time before they were already set out across platforms.
Thanks,
Tony

Official Employee

Hello ForrestS, I don't see a reply back from you here so I will close this thread as completed. Feel free to create another post if you require further assistance, have a good day.