Community Forum

Hgtv online will not unlock, says my xfinity subscription does not include this network

New Poster

Hgtv online will not unlock, says my xfinity subscription does not include this network

All of a sudden when I try to watch shows from watch.hgtv.com, it says my xfinity subscription does not include this network. I have been watching shows on my iPad for months, including as recently as last week. I have confirmed with xfinity customer service that HGTV is part of my subscription, and I can watch the channel on my tv. I have spent over 1.5 hours on the phone with various xfinity employees who have sent many refresh signals but cannot fix the issue. There is a key/lock icon on all the episodes. When I click on it, it asks me to choose my service provider. When I choose xfinity, it looks like it is unlocking and says I can now watch it as an added benefit to my service package ... and then I get a blue circle with a white triangle with an exclamation point inside that says Your xfinity subscription does not include this network. A tech said he thinks xfinity is updating its website; I find it hard to believe it takes over 3 days of not allowing customers to have a service they paid for to do that. If anyone can help, I greatly appreciate it. Xfinity OnDemand does work for hgtv shows but it doesn’t include the seasons of the hgtv show I had been working my way through. That season is only available on watch.hgtv.com.
Official Employee

Re: Hgtv online will not unlock, says my xfinity subscription does not include this network

Hello, Sa24. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums! 

I would like to take a closer look at your account and help you regain access to the HGTV network.  Please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Hgtv online will not unlock, says my xfinity subscription does not include this network

Sa24, as I have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. I hope you were able to regain access to your subscription, but if you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!