Community Forum

HBO on Demand - being charged for certain episodes

New Poster

HBO on Demand - being charged for certain episodes

I have HBO as part of my Comcast package.  I've been watching Game of Thrones On Demand.  I'm on the season finale of Season 5 and On Demand is now showing I must pay $3.99 to watch the episode.  All other episodes from all other seasons are free.  I contacted Comcast Customer Service...surprise, surpise...they booted everything but the issue persists.  This happened once before - was watching Season 3 when all of the sudden one episode had a charge to watch.  I waited a day or so and it showed up as free again.  This time it's been 4 days and still showing $3.99 to watch.  All episodes should be free as I pay for HBO.  

Problem Solver

Re: HBO on Demand - being charged for certain episodes

Hi Gallic, I have a subscription to HBO and checked my OnDemand listings.  S5 E10 show as FREE for me..   

Further checking:  if you use OnDemand Menu-TV Shows, Alphabetical listings, Game of thrones has a fee. 

I used PREMIUM CHANNELS- HBO on demand>HBO Series and it was FREE there.

I have found this inconsistency before and just have to search the other areas for the ONdemand site that conforms to your subscription.

Let me know if this works for you..

Good luck, ciao, bj

New Poster

HI Gallic,

I am having the exact same issue. Same episode. Waiting for comcast to call me as we speak.

New Poster

HI Again

Comcast has informed me - after waiting on hold for several minutes for them to figure out what the "problem" was - that there is indeed a charge for this episdode. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.  HBO and COMCAST should be ashamed. Making you pay for the SEASON FINALE even though you have a subscription. And there is no recourse for the customers. If anyone has any ideas on how to fight this PLEASE let me know. COMCAST if you would like to step in and make this right, that would be fabulous.

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same problem with Game of Thrones, Season 5, Ep 10 The Finale.

It does appear that I can watch it from my laptop, which isn't how I want to watch it.

New Poster

I am having the exact same issue! Makes no sense.  Can stream the episode on my laptop for free but can't watch for free OnDemand.

New Poster

Tried all of your tricks bj, none worked for me.  Only option was to buy HD, SD or the entire season

Problem Solver

No tricks, Leese41.   Comcast is not consistent with how they present the HBO on demand choices.  I just rechecked the HBO offerings and S5 E10 is FREE as appearing on my tv with my Motorola DCX 3400 box.  (and also my husband's tv )

Just for the heck of it, I checked Starz for OUTLANDER.    The programming shows that Outlander is FREE WITH SUBSCRIPTION to Starz.  

I didn't go any further because I don't have a subscription and didn't want to be charged for just looking..  Smiley Wink

HBO and GOT, does not say anything about being FREE WITH SUBSCRIPTION, and their listing is very confusing to say the least.  Episodes are listed and each episode has a choice of HBO or BUY. 

As you said, you can stream on your laptop, but why up your Data Usage, and possibly go into overcharges when you're paying for an HBO subscription .

Hopefully someone in the comcast family of official employees or experts has some answers and will comment.

ciao, bj