Community Forum

HBO on Demand Home Page Not Listing Correctly

Frequent Visitor

HBO on Demand Home Page Not Listing Correctly

HBO on Demand home page not listing correctly, no series, no movies
Contacted Customer Service, told to reboot box - didn't fix. Cust Service sent "signal", went through boot cycle - didn't fix. Transferred to L2 told there's a known problem with no fix date.
Who owns this problem, Xfinity or HBO & when will it be fixed ?
Official Employee

Re: HBO on Demand Home Page Not Listing Correctly

Hi Steaming_Chris, 

Is there any way you can submit a screenshot of what you are seeing on your end? I would like to see your view before I can confirm this because there was a recent update that may have caused a different view for OnDemand where you access TV Shows and Movies in a separate area inside of the OnDemand section. 

Frequent Visitor

Hello, please find attached the screenshot of the home page and as you can see there is no way to access on-demand movies, series etc.
Regards, Chris
IMG_20171227_183402805.jpg
Official Employee

Thanks Chris!

Yes, yours is related to the known issue our engineers are investigating. When you try to access HBO OnDemand are you using the voice search or typing in the letters HBO? 

Frequent Visitor

Hello,
I either enter "549" or I use voice command "HBO on-demand" and get the same result regardless.
What is the timeline to have this fixed ?
Regards, Chris
Official Employee

We don't have an ETA at this time. The only work-around we have is to access OnDemand by clicking on the Xfinity Button, go into OnDemand, then access Movies, Or Networks, then HBO. Please let me know if you can access it this way. 

Frequent Visitor

The way to select the full feature of HBO On Demand channel (that doesn't give the Customer On Demand channels) is to select the following
Xfinity - On Demand - Networks - Premium - HBO.
A five step process that once took one step.
Interested to know what quality controls and testing was done before the update was issued to your paying Customers.
Regards, Chris
Official Employee

The issue you're experiencing isn't due to update, its related to the outage and our engineers are working to get that corrected. I apologize for the inconvenience. I just wanted to give you an alternate way of accessing the programs available on HBO until we are able to restore the shorter process. 

Frequent Visitor

Hello
I do appreciate your help, and thank you.
I wish you a happy New Year
Official Employee

Anytime! I'll be following up with you over the next few days to see if things have changed on your end. Happy New Year! 

Official Employee

Hey Steaming_Chris,

I just wanted to follow up to see if you are able to access HBO using the voice remote or typing it in yet? This should now be resolved.  

Frequent Visitor

Yes thank you, everything is all working ok. Thank you for your follow-up and your help
Regards, Chris
Official Employee

Steaming_Chris wrote: Yes thank you, everything is all working ok. Thank you for your follow-up and your help 

You're welcome, I am glad that we were able to get this issue taken care of for you. Have a good day.