Community Forum

HBO GO not working anymore with xfinity: SHAME ON XFINITY

Regular Visitor

HBO GO not working anymore with xfinity: SHAME ON XFINITY

Hello

I just spent 1 hour with an agent from the technical support of Xfinity. I cannot use HBO GO from anywhere anymore, I tried everything: Smart TV, HBO go app on the phone, HBOgo.com on my internet browser.

It asks me to login using my xfinity account - I get re-directed to the xfinity website and that's it, it doesn't bring me back to HBOgo.com. I've been using that for the last 2 years and then suddenly it doesn't work anymore ...

Many other people reported the same issue on this forum since June 2017 and Xfinity didn't do anything for that since then ...

I spoke to someone from the billing department of Xfinity asking for a refund of my money as I'm not getting a service for what I'm paying for. He basically told me: "look at your bill, it says HBO - it doesn't say HBO go, and since it works on the xfinity stream website or with the X1, we won't refund anything." WHAT A SHAME !

Xfinity doesn't even try to fix it because they don't have any competition in the area where I leave, it's such a joke ... worst provider ever.

I'm gonna call back tomorrow and downgrade my plan to remove HBO and pay less, then I'll use HBO NOW. I don't want to deal with these thieves anymore, that's outrageous.

Official Employee

Re: HBO GO not working anymore with xfinity: SHAME ON XFINITY

Hello Pouloulou, we don't want you to feel like this. I can assist you with correcting your issue with HBO GO, have you tried using the app on another device? Have you tried going to their website to sign in? So you get any error messages when you attempt to login? 

Regular Visitor

Hi Amir

I've tried on the HBO go app on my android phone, on my laptop with different browsers (chrome, firefox, edge).

I don't have any error when logging in. Here's the flow:

- go to hbo.com on laptop on launch hbo go on my phone app

- choose comcast xfinity provider from the list

- redirected to xfinity login page

-loging in successfully

- Expected: should be redirected to HBOgo.com website and ability to stream HBO go content

- Actual behavior: no redirection, I'm still on xfinity website

Official Employee

Thank you for that information, to clarify you have the same issue on the app and online with different browsers is that correct? I tested this on my end with my username and password and once I signed in the app went back to the HBOgo selection screen. Can you try removing the app from your device and download it again? 

Regular Visitor

Hi Amir

I tried that it doesn't change anything. My friend who has the same plan as me can still use HBO go.

The issue seems to be linked to my account.

I already spent 1 hour and a half with a technical support team and they couldn't do anything to unblock me.

Official Employee

I can look into your account on my end and make sure your entitlements are correct. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

New Poster

I'm getting the same issue. I've worked with this type of authorization in my job and at first glance it looks to be an issue with the Xfinity website. HBO such a big provider for them, they really should have some automated-tests around this process.
New Poster

@ComcastAmir I'm having the same problem and I can't PM you because the message composition interface on this site apparently doesn't work (Chrome OS X).