Community Forum

GSM-7 error

New Poster

GSM-7 error

CableCard on a TiVo Roamio. On demand was working but for the past couple months it's been completely nonfunctional. Error is GSM-7 and the locale code varies, but recently it was tivocrd-cmc-a5p.comcast.com. I spoke with both Comcast and TiVo and even had a three-way call, and the Comcast rep didn't understand what the TiVo rep was telling them to do to fix it.

Official Employee

Re: GSM-7 error

Hi cf9703, thank you for reaching out here on the Xfinity Forums and I can help troubleshoot your cable card issue further.  To get started could you please send me a private message with your account information (name on account, address and account number).

Thank you 

New Poster

Hello,

I have the same issue with both of my TIVO units as Xfinity VOD does not open as the GSM-7 error code pops up.  The resolution was not published. 

A technician stopped by, the case was escalated twice (level 3?) within Xfinity without feedback. They only told me to wait 24-48 hours. 

Official Employee

Hi perrys24, I have respoonded to your private message.

Thank you

Official Employee

Hi cf9703, thank you for working with us via private message,  please reach out in the future if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you

Official Employee

Hi perrys24, if you still need assistance please let us know.

Thank you