Community Forum

Freezing

New Poster

Freezing

Watching the latest episode of New Amsterdam.  33 minutes in it freezes and I get the NBC Peacock changing colors with bong-bong-bong as sound effect.    Waited 20 hours then tried to continue watching and it still frozen.   How do I watch the end of the show?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Freezing

YUP! Happens to me every night on certain channels. I am not finished monitoring all them yet. Consider yourself lucky. I believe it has to do with the commercials, as mine seems to freeze just before of just after a commercial. 

Official Employee

Hello @DMC72, thanks for reaching out to our Forums and bringing this to our attention. I was able to duplicate this issue on my end as well and I truly apologize about any inconvenience or frustration this has caused you. I can confirm this issue has been reported to the correct team and is a know issue. We appreciate your patience while we work on getting this corrected. I did fast forward past the NBC Logo and it does appear that after the commercials, the show picks back up where it left off. Please let me know if you have any further questions, or if I can be of any other assistance. Thank you and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello @mfg52, thanks for reaching out to our Forums as well! I'm sorry to hear about the freezing you are experiencing on different channels and I would like to further assist you with this. At your convenience, if you could provide me the examples you have thus far, I can double check them on my end and get the information forwarded to the correct team. Thank you!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Because it is on demand, it doesn’t allow me to fast forward during commercials. Is there a way to do that
Official Employee

No, unfortunately, there is not a way around that but it did allow me to fast forward past the NBC logo error. Also, I am no longer showing this reported as a known issue on my end. At your convenience, please attempt again on your end and see if the issue was resolved. Thanks and we appreciate you working with us while we get this resolved.