Community Forum

Free On Demand Movies?

New Poster

Free On Demand Movies?

FALSE Advertising on the part of COMCAST when it comes to free movies on demand. The majority of the movies I prefer to watch are beng shown by Netflix, and in order to watch the movie you need to subscribe to Netflix for a monthly fee, what is that all about. Free means free, not subscribe and pay a fee. On to the FCC and BBB.  If there are enough complaints, maybe we can get our free movies back.

Tags (1)
Expert

Re: Free On Demand Movies?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Comcast's free OD content as never been all that great in my opinion. I wouldn't expect the content to be on the level of a paid premium service though. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Chief5, thanks for your feedback. If you are subscribed to premium channels, you can view all the movies on demand under "premium movies". Those are included with your subscription.

Movies under "Free Movies" will provide you with an option to watch via Netflix or otherwise before you can view. 

KenF

New Poster

I have had all the premium channels for several years and as of tonight the movies listed under premium show a fee. Is this a mistake?

It is the only feature we use so if that goes away we will likely drop all the premium channels.
New Poster

A fee not A few. Darn autocorrect lol
New Poster

I agree. It's very deceptive. I don't want to subscribe to Netflix just to watch movies that are advertised as free. It seems like every cable company will do everything they can to dupe you into buying more extras. We already pay way too much as it is.

Official Employee

Hello Nic101 and CarnegieGuy, although you subscribe to a certain network it doesn't mean all of the content will be listed as "Free". Some TV shows and movies owned by the networks can be listed as paid content per episode due to network rules. This is not something set up by Comcast this is a decision made by the network. For example I subscribe to HBO I can watch the current season of "Game of Thrones" and a few others but the first few seasons are listed as paid content. If you would like to see your favorite content on your favorite networks free please reach out to the network and request that it be added to your on demand menu with no charge.

New Poster

The point folks are making above is that we have not subscribed to Netflix, then why is it showing Netflix shows and movies in free section. It is completely wrong and very frustrating.
Official Employee

finityuser wrote: The point folks are making above is that we have not subscribed to Netflix, then why is it showing Netflix shows and movies in free section. It is completely wrong and very frustrating.

Thank you for clarifying that for me, I will alert our on demand team so that they can make the proper adjustments to your TV guide. If you do not subscribe to Netflix those channels should not be listed as free, thank you again for your feedback we hope to have this taken care of for you shortly.

New Poster

This issue has been there for a month now and various folks have mentioned it in various posts. I have not seen any fix yet.
New Poster

Please advise how to find FREE movies.  Each time I select one it gives an option of using Netficks,etc.

Theses are not free.  Isn’t there a way to just display just the free section?

Very frustrating while you have children viewing the screen telling you it is right there and having to explain you have to pay.  

Thank you!

New Poster

I plan on dumping xfinity forever...the over 200 a month is not worth the sh#t they offer...

New Poster

The answer given by  is the right answer, but it has not been resolved and is getting worse.  I was able to get the movies listed in my subscription via the web portal from my computer, but the list of films there is now polluted with films I cannot see (e.g. no "watch" button).  I was used to a few out of the ~2000 films posted, but I just looked and found tens of thousands of films posted, the vast majority of which do not have a "watch" button.

xfinity needs to provide a method to get a list of the films available through my subscription.  Seeing over 10,000 films, most of which are not viewable, is disrepectful.

New Poster

It is really ashame that Xfinity/Comcast can not explain their plans better.

FREE movies does not mean I should have to pay for another service (such as Netflix) to view them.

The movies are offered by Xfinity not by Netflix.

Since I don't have these services, I am back to where I was when I let go of Comcast a few years ago.

I thought Xfinity and their customer service had gotten better so I returned....Guess I was wrong!

Called Xfinity support for exact directions. Came home and tried them and of course you still need to pay.

Mine were specifically for children, seems like anything Disney is a fee.

Not too happy with the new Xfinity !!!!