Community Forum

Free HBO

New Poster

Free HBO

I got the email that HBO is free this weekend. When trying to view live HBO channels they all say that I need to subscribe. When I go On Demand, then the Networks tab and choose HBO, all of the movies listed also require me to subscribe. Are movies just not included in these free previews? This is the same thing I encountered with the Xfinity watchathon.

Expert

Re: Free HBO

@Colddrink wrote:

I got the email that HBO is free this weekend. When trying to view live HBO channels they all say that I need to subscribe. When I go On Demand, then the Networks tab and choose HBO, all of the movies listed also require me to subscribe. Are movies just not included in these free previews? This is the same thing I encountered with the Xfinity watchathon.

The only things you will get free are found under On Demand "HBO Free Preview".

HBO no longer offers a chance to watch regular HBO channel shows as they did a number of years ago.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Free HBO

It was confusing. But if you started off navigation by choosing ‘Premium Channels’ then ‘HBO On Demand’ you’d have been able to view it all free. We binge-watched a few items and sampled several others. It was all good, series, documentaries, and movies because we ignored the temporary HBO Free View item, or whatever it was labeled. That did appear to be broken, incomplete, and so on.