New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Formatting On Demand Guide

ANSWERED
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Formatting On Demand Guide

Can the On Demand Guide be formatted to default to open with A-Z listings rather than the random order that now shows up?

Accepted Solution

Re: Formatting On Demand Guide

You can absolutely change the order in which OnDemand content displays and filter only the content you want to view. See the instructions below: 

1. Press the xfinity button on your remote.
  2. Use the right arrow or left arrow button to navigate to On Demand, and press the OK button on your remote.
  3. Navigate to the category in the On Demand menu that you wish to view. For example, On Demand > Movies > Top 50 New & Most Popular or On Demand > Networks > HBO > Movies > View All.
  4. If you have browsed down the page, use the Page Up button to return to the top row of programs.
  5. Press the up arrow button to highlight Filter and press OK on your remote.
    The On Demand guide screen: The Filter, in the upper left, is selected to All Programs and to the right of that is Sort, which is selected to Popular. Below that is a scrolling list of movies.

6. Use the up arrow and down arrow buttons to navigate to the desired filter. Once you have reached the desired filter, use the left arrow and right arrow buttons to toggle through the available filter options. Then press OK on your remote to activate a filter. You can filter by:
    • Content Type: Choose the HD filter and then choose All or HD only.
    • Free or Pay - Free to Me: Filter for only those programs included in your subscription. Choose All or Free to Me.
    • New Only: Filter for programs added in the last seven days. Choose Off or On.
    • Closed Captioning: Filter for only those programs that include Closed Captioning (CC). Choose Off or On. (To learn more see about accessibility features for X1.)
    • Language: Filter for programming in English or Spanish language. Choose All, Eng or Sp.
    • SAP, Video Description: Filter for only those programs that include Spanish Secondary Audio (SAP) or Video Description (DVS). Choose Off, SAP or DVS.
      New & Most Popular screen showing filters.

7. You will now see programs included in the filters selected. These filters will persist in this menu for the duration of your session (four hours).
  8. To sort On Demand programs, scroll up to Sort and press OK on your remote. You can sort by:
    • Popular
    • Most Recent
    • A-Z (Alphabetical)
    • Rotten Tomatoes: Sort by Rotten Tomatoes' Critic Score or Audience Score
      Top 50 & Most Popular screen shows the Filter category selected to HD, New; the Sort category selected to Popular; and an option to Clear All.

All New Movies screen shows the Rotten Tomatoes Filter category options of Critic Score and Audience Score.

9. Select the sort you want to use and press OK on your remote once more. Programs will now be sorted based on your selection. The sort will also persist in that menu for your session (four hours).
    The Top 50 New & Most Popular screen; there are options to sort programs by Popular, Most Recent and A-Z.

View answer in context
Administrator
Administrator

You can absolutely change the order in which OnDemand content displays and filter only the content you want to view. See the instructions below: 

1. Press the xfinity button on your remote.
  2. Use the right arrow or left arrow button to navigate to On Demand, and press the OK button on your remote.
  3. Navigate to the category in the On Demand menu that you wish to view. For example, On Demand > Movies > Top 50 New & Most Popular or On Demand > Networks > HBO > Movies > View All.
  4. If you have browsed down the page, use the Page Up button to return to the top row of programs.
  5. Press the up arrow button to highlight Filter and press OK on your remote.
    The On Demand guide screen: The Filter, in the upper left, is selected to All Programs and to the right of that is Sort, which is selected to Popular. Below that is a scrolling list of movies.

6. Use the up arrow and down arrow buttons to navigate to the desired filter. Once you have reached the desired filter, use the left arrow and right arrow buttons to toggle through the available filter options. Then press OK on your remote to activate a filter. You can filter by:
    • Content Type: Choose the HD filter and then choose All or HD only.
    • Free or Pay - Free to Me: Filter for only those programs included in your subscription. Choose All or Free to Me.
    • New Only: Filter for programs added in the last seven days. Choose Off or On.
    • Closed Captioning: Filter for only those programs that include Closed Captioning (CC). Choose Off or On. (To learn more see about accessibility features for X1.)
    • Language: Filter for programming in English or Spanish language. Choose All, Eng or Sp.
    • SAP, Video Description: Filter for only those programs that include Spanish Secondary Audio (SAP) or Video Description (DVS). Choose Off, SAP or DVS.
      New & Most Popular screen showing filters.

7. You will now see programs included in the filters selected. These filters will persist in this menu for the duration of your session (four hours).
  8. To sort On Demand programs, scroll up to Sort and press OK on your remote. You can sort by:
    • Popular
    • Most Recent
    • A-Z (Alphabetical)
    • Rotten Tomatoes: Sort by Rotten Tomatoes' Critic Score or Audience Score
      Top 50 & Most Popular screen shows the Filter category selected to HD, New; the Sort category selected to Popular; and an option to Clear All.

All New Movies screen shows the Rotten Tomatoes Filter category options of Critic Score and Audience Score.

9. Select the sort you want to use and press OK on your remote once more. Programs will now be sorted based on your selection. The sort will also persist in that menu for your session (four hours).
    The Top 50 New & Most Popular screen; there are options to sort programs by Popular, Most Recent and A-Z.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

That wasn't my question...I understand filtering and sorting. I want to avoid the convoluted steps involved in doing that everytime I go to On Demand...I want to format the In Demand guide to DEFAULT to an alpha listing when I open it. Is there a way to change the default format to an alpha listing?

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation