Community Forum

FX’s WWDITS S1E3 (10 Apr ‘19) HD-only

Problem Solver

FX’s WWDITS S1E3 (10 Apr ‘19) HD-only

Deja Vu all over again eh. Just like the previous week’s S1E2:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/On-Demand/FX-What-we-do-in-the-shadows-S1E2-is-HD-only/td-p/3211545

...now S1E3 of FX’s ‘What We Do In The Shadows’ is only available in HD.

Please work with FX to get this episode from last Wednesday available in SD.
Official Employee

Re: FX’ WWDITS S1E3 (10 Apr ‘19) HD-only

Hello, ForrestS, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here. 

I'm sorry to hear the content is not available for you to watch in SD! I can help take a look at this further with you. I am able to see that this is not a known issue, so we will likely need to open a ticket. Please send me a PM with your first and last name to get started. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Problem Solver

Ally: should be in your inbox. Don’t be confused that a lookup will show me as an HD customer. I spend the majority of time away from home, where my hosts have Comcast, but SD only.

It would be nice if On Demand issues would not require specific customer names. It should be easy to confirm missing recent episodes. The absence affects everyone interested and is not a user-specific thing. Well, I’m now repeating earlier survey feedback given to Comcast in recent months.
Official Employee

Sorry for any confusion. When I looked up the episode on my end, it didn't specify if it was in HD or SD. Have you tried watching content from our Stream App instead? You can view HD content there: https://www.xfinity.com/get-stream?pc=1

I didn't see you mention a specific error code when you try watching the episode. Are you able to give me a breakdown of what happens when you try to watch it? Is it greyed out, or does it come up with an error? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Problem Solver

Here are the SD and HD menus. Attempting to launch any HD item via an SD box returns error message VM-13. I’m unclear why the Team can’t get S1E3 SD-available, but hopefully they’ll work it out.

234DA8CD-1B3B-4491-9ED1-E3F76F710CAD.jpeg
2C7E24E8-6871-4AA3-8C17-4DC42F1F5091.jpeg
Problem Solver

Could another Comcast SD customer do us a valuable service and see if you get the same results for FX’s ‘What we do in the Shadows’ as shown in the pics I posted earlier? So as to provide any evidence of whether this (absence of Ep 3 in SD) is a localized problem?

Non-X1 SD customer, to be clearer. (I haven’t any idea if X1 offers SD, so this clarification might not be necessary.)
Problem Solver

Well, here’s the updated non-X1 SD page for FX’s What We Do In The Shadows. Thankfully ‘sodes 4 & 5 posted despite the absence of 3. Hard to understand why Comcast can not reproduce/detect this. I’m Northwest Indiana.

A39A3CDF-4AEB-4789-A4C0-446752FB7D2F.jpeg
Official Employee

Hi @ForrestS

I'm happy to know you can now access episodes 4 and 5 of What We Do In The Shadows. We will keep this open and continue to investigate the remaining missing episode, episode 3. We will provide more updates as they become available. 

Problem Solver

It’s been a week. Still not fixed? Attached are shots I took several days ago when I was back home and able to watch E3 in HD. Now I’m back at my host site hundreds of miles away where the folks have SD only and they still can’t view E3. I.e. the screenshots are exactly what I’ve attached here. Not user or area specific.
573ED21E-F90C-4559-89D1-71AEF6E9EF9A.jpeg
3D220A9C-419E-4F90-930F-4FA25B5E4F2C.jpeg
Official Employee

ForrestS, this can be caused by many factors including what services are being subscribed to. Since I am unable to replicate the issue, we may need to have to submit a ticket. Are you able to send me a PM with the account number for the host's account if you are authorized? 

Problem Solver

When you say that you cannot replicate the issue, do you mean:

1) You have ready access to a non-X1 cable box, but when you select “TV Shows” then “By Network” then “FX” then this show, that episode 103 appears in SD ?

2) You don’t have access to a non-X1 system to even attempt replicating this? ( I’ve had other reps tell me that they do not have ready access to such things, which if true is something Comcast should try to improve.)

3) You’re going “TV Shows” then “Shows T-Z” then “What Shadows” then “Season 1” and misconstruing the situation just became episode 103 is available for extra fee as ADFREE? ( Whereas all the other episodes have the free version plus the for-pay ADFREE version?)

Like I said, I see the problem on two different non-X1 systems that are very far apart. And if this were a problem in my tier level we wouldn’t be capable of launching the items that do appear but we are capable of that.
Official Employee

ForrestS, correct, I don't have a non-X1 system to test this on. I would need to troubleshoot this on a case-by-case basis. If you change your mind, please send me a PM. 

Valued Contributor

@ComcastAlly wrote:

ForrestS, correct, I don't have a non-X1 system to test this on. I would need to troubleshoot this on a case-by-case basis. If you change your mind, please send me a PM. 

I have a non-X1 system, and I see exactly what @ForrestS reports; i.e., missing 103 SD but the other episodes all there.

Tonight, I will attempt to check my SO's X1 system and report back tomorrow what I find there.

Official Employee

CactusThorn, thanks so much! We appreciate your help. 

Valued Contributor

@CactusThorn wrote:

Tonight, I will attempt to check my SO's X1 system and report back tomorrow what I find there.

I was able to see this with X1 as well.  Select an episode, then look at "Watch Options."  Most show "Free HD" and "Free SD" choices there, but 103 only has the "Free HD" choice.

Oddly, though, I was unable to do this test on a different program ("Cool Kids"--see separate thread).  In that case, X1 presented "Watch" rather than "Watch Options" as the choice.

Problem Solver

Interesting. So at least two of us have reported the problem, showing it is not box-or-signal related. Moreover, my distinguished forum co-member indicates the SD episode omission is for both non-X1 and X1.

Why isn’t Comcast fixing this, then? Don’t send me any private messages on this, as everything that needs reporting has been done in spades.
Official Employee

ForrestS, non-X1 or Legacy pulls from a different On Demand library than X1 does. There can be a variety of reasons why an episode is missing or experiences a delayed upload. The Legacy database is usually the last one to be updated. 

In order to ensure this issue does not get overlooked by the team managing the database we would need to create a ticket notifying them that the episode still is not available. Tickets cannot be created without a customer account to be tied to so we have someone with an example that we can reach out to later to confirm resolution. 

I understand how this process can seem tedious, but I would really like to help keep it as simple as possible for you so we can get this episode corrected. You are more than welcome to send me a PM so I can assist. 

Problem Solver

At long last, this previously-missing episode got posted in SD for Legacy On Demand.

Admin1

Re: FX’s WWDITS S1E3 (10 Apr ‘19) HD-only

ForrestS - Thank you for alerting us to this missing SD content and for working with us via PM. I am pleased to hear that the SD version has been restored. Please do keep us informed on missing On Demand content that you notice. We'll continue to work with the content holders to have anything missing restored.