Community Forum

ETA for Xbox One Xfinity App

Regular Visitor

ETA for Xbox One Xfinity App

What is the ETA for the Xbox One Xfinity App?  I use the 360 version of this app every day and it kills me to not have it on my One.

Frequent Visitor

Re: ETA for Xbox One Xfinity App

Yes. I'd like to know too.
New Poster

Same here, specially for watching live sports just like the tablet apps.

New Poster

Same here, would like to know as well. 

I heard some rumors that they're not doing one for the Xbox One, hope that's not true

Regular Visitor

For anyone interested.  I did get this message from Comcast:

Hi erikcave,

New Poster

I can't imagine there won't be an XFinity app since they (XFinity) were actually part of the reveal. That being said since the cable box is hooked through the console they may not see a need for it. 

New Poster

As someone that is using XFinity Internet as a replacement for Cable, a dedicated XBox One app to access all of that content would be massively helpful for me.

I chose Comcast as my internet provider for my "killing of cable TV" since they seem to have offerings that support that move the most. I hope they realize the value-add that access to XFinity through 3rd party set-top boxes provides to us customers.

New Poster

I would love for an Xfinity app for the xbox one.  Is there one coming?  If so what is the ETA.

Thank you for your help

Regular Visitor

Microsoft just released a list of 45 new apps coming out for the Xbox One and Xfinity was not on the list.  That, and the fact that they have said nothing here, leads me to believe it is not even in development right now.  This really bums me out becaue I love the app on my 360.

New Poster

This app is the reason I have comcast
New Poster

I really hope they make one. I use the little digital adapter and use the app for my on demand needs ... Not having the app now is killing me after upgrading to the new console. I saw verizon fios has an app though.
New Poster

we really want to see this!  We use it all the time for the 360 why not have it for the xbox one

Regular Visitor

Is there any update on this? Can we atleast know if it was scrapped or if it still being worked on?

Frequent Visitor

Yes. I have been watching this thread for weeks.
Regular Visitor

I haven't heard anything and I have reached out to everyone I can think of, including the developer of the 360 app.  Not a good sign.

New Poster

I would also like this on the Xbox One. I do not have my TV set up through the One, because my console is for me in my office. My wife and I watch our shows together at night down there. We are stuck useing the 360 as well. It is a bit frusterating. 

Regular Visitor

+1

xBox One needs to catch up to 360!

Frequent Visitor

+2

My XB1 is connected to 1 of my 3 PC monitors... no cable box downstairs. With browser live TV being constantly choppy I was hoping to pop open an app and watch the same way...

nope. No app. -_-

and 13 comments no reply from a Comcast rep?

p.s. - Verizon Fios has an app... just say'n. Smiley Wink

New Poster

Why is there still no reply, you would think they would have an app for Xfinity customers already Verizon fios has been in the xbox one app store for a good amount of time now. The new Comedy Central app just came out and i was excited to sit in the dorm and watch all my favorate shows on my xbox but out of a list of 50+ cable providers Xfinity or comcast wasnt on the list. Someone needs to address this issue 

Regular Visitor

Same is true with the NFL app.  No Comcast or Xfinity in the list of providers.

I wish I knew why why Comcast has made no comment or reply.  They have been completely silent on this here on these forums and in the medial.  This usually isn't a good sign.

Maybe I should switch to Verizon FIOS.  They have an app.

New Poster

I couldn't believe Comcast wasn't on the nfl app alongside ... Everyone else. Talk about really falling behind the competition.
New Poster

In answer to the queston, I thought you might enjoy a transcript of my interaction with Comcast Customer Support online.  Finally got an answer!

• CHAT ID: C4E441B3-B7EC-48A4-807F-F89EED87510D
  • Problem: What is the ETA for the Xbox One Xfinity App? I use the 360 version of this app every day and it kills me to not have it on my One.
  • CARL_ > My Issue: What is the ETA for the Xbox One Xfinity App? I use the 360 version of this app every day and it kills me to not have it on my One.
  • Elmer > Hello CARL_, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Elmer. Please give me one moment to review your information.
  • Elmer > I hope your day is going well. It's a pleasure to have you on chat.
  • CARL_ > Day is going well. Hope yours is the same.
  • Elmer > Great! I am also doing great! Thanks!
  • Elmer > I understand that want to know ETA for the Xbox One Xfinity App.
  • CARL_ > yes
  • Elmer > Please allow me to explain this to you.
  • Elmer > To set expectation, your chat has been routed to Video Technical Department. I want to make sure that you get the best support. I'd be glad to connect you now to our ( Xfinity mobile application) chat Department who can definitely take care of your concern.Would that be fine with you?
  • CARL_ > not really. just a simple yes or no question.
  • Elmer > They will be the one to answer your question since I support cable TV troubleshooting, Carl.
  • CARL_ > in that case, transfer me. as a note, this is one reason your customers get frustrated.
  • Elmer > I apologize if you feel that way, Carl.
  • Elmer > Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst
  • CARL_ > My Issue: What is the ETA for the Xbox One Xfinity App? I use the 360 version of this app every day and it kills me to not have it on my One.
  • Francis > An amazing day to you! I am looking forward to providing you with an EXCELLENT service today!
  • Francis > I understand that you want to activate xfinity application on your xbox, is that correct?
  • CARL_ > on the xbox ONE
  • CARL_ > not the 360
  • Francis > Okay, Carl. I will take note of that.
  • Francis > I apologize for the inconvenience and acknowledge the importance of having a good service connection for your personal or work use as I rely on it as well.
  • Francis > You have reached the right person and I assure you, we can have this fix in no time.
  • Francis > To better assist you, may I please ask a few questions?
  • Francis > To protect your account I will need to verify some additional information. Would you please provide me with the last 4 digits of your social security number?
  • CARL_ > I don't give that information out over the internet
  • Francis > May I have instead the account number on the account?
  • CARL_ > hold on one moment please while I get the #
  • Francis > Okay, Carl.
  • CARL_ > 8498330090482764
  • Francis > Thank you for providing that information.
  • Francis > We have a specialize department that deals with adding of rate codes for xbox so that we can activate the xfinity application.
  • Francis > Shall I transfer you now?
  • CARL_ > sure, it will be my second transfer but ... .. .
  • Francis > You will see a message that says I have "left the room"; however, you will still be connected to the next available Internet representative. Please stay online and connected to the chat for the next representative who will assist you as soon as possible.
  • Francis > Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst
  • CARL_ > What is the ETA for the Xbox One Xfinity App? I use the 360 version of this app every day and it kills me to not have it on my One. I have looked at this very question on your forums for over one year with no one from Comcast ever providing a single answer to the question. Is there an app coming?
  • Suraj > Thank you for contacting Comcast! It's my pleasure to process your order and answer any questions you may have. How are you today?
  • CARL_ > still fine
  • CARL_ > your are my third rep this morning
  • Suraj > Please allow me few minutes to pull up your account and check.
  • CARL_ > what do you need to check?
  • Suraj > I am checking if you have correct modem.
  • CARL_ > trust me, my modem is not the issue. The question is simple, what is the ETA for the Xbox One Xfinity App?
  • Suraj > I am from Sales team and do not have information regarding this. I can transfer chat to our Xfinity app team. They will be able to check and help you with this.
  • Suraj > Would that be okay?
  • CARL_ > sure, send in customer rep #4.
  • Suraj > Thank you.
  • Suraj > Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst
  • Janelle > Glad to have you on chat! My name is Janelle and I'll be happy to assist you today.
  • CARL_ > What is the ETA for the Xbox One Xfinity App? I use the 360 version of this app every day and it kills me to not have it on my One.
  • Janelle > Hi, Carl.
  • CARL_ > Hi Janelle
  • Janelle > I understand that you wanted to have the Xfinity TV app working for Xbox. Is that correct?
  • CARL_ > XBox One nor XBox 360
  • CARL_ > "not"
  • Janelle > Oh you mean X1 box for cable services. Is that correct?
  • CARL_ > No, I mean XBox One from Microsoft.
  • Janelle > Thank you for providing that information.
  • Janelle > Are you able to hold for 3 minutes while I check on your account?
  • CARL_ > Sure, you are the 4th rep to check on my account, but ok ... .. .
  • Janelle > My apologies for the trouble, Carl.
  • Janelle > Thank you.
  • Janelle > While waiting, let me share to you one of Comcast features: Comcast Alerts. With this feature, you can check for outages, check your current balance or even cancel an appointment by just a simple text. You can visit this site for more information: http://www.comcast.com/corporate/customers/alerts.html
  • CARL_ > Maybe we could just concentrate on the question that I asked. I already use Comcast services online.
  • CARL_ > Does Comcast plan to ever release an Xfinity App for the Microsoft XBox One like the app they provided for the XBox 360?
  • Janelle > Thank you for patiently waiting.
  • Janelle > Comcast is continually evaluating new platforms to support for the TV app access, but at this time have no committed dates to support TV app for Xbox one.
  • Janelle > Rest assured, email notifications will be sent regarding the release.
  • Janelle > My apologies for the trouble, Carl.
  • Janelle > This still needs agreement between Comcast and Microsoft.
  • CARL_ > Janelle, finally someone with a straight answer. Not a great answer but at least honest. Thank you.
  • Janelle > You are most welcome.
  • Janelle > I am glad I was able to answer your app inquiries today.
  • Janelle > Is there anything else I can help you with today?
  • CARL_ > No, but thank you. Comcast really needs to provide more Xfinity apps, not only for the XBox One, but the PS4, Roku, etc. We feel like hostages.

Regular Visitor

That is too funny... thanks for sharing.  Glad to know such inane chats are not exclusive to me.

An amazing day to you! :-D

Regular Visitor

Thanks for going through that very frustrating experience for all of us.

Contributor

The HBO GO app is in beta for the Xbox One per some websites.  I found this info on Reddit about who can activate it at the moment.:

"Per the activation site:

AT&T U-verse TV ,Bright House Networks, Charter, Cox, DIRECTV, DIRECTV PUERTO RICO, DISH, Mediacom, Midcontinent Communications, Optimum, RCN, Suddenlink, Time Warner Cable, Verizon FiOS, and WOW!"

I guess I'm not really surprised Comcast isn't listed.  I hope Comcast gets their act together and is ready to let us use this app when it goes live.  We shouldn't have to wait like we did with the 360.  Comcast still doesn't support this app on the PS3 after several months.  

Regular Visitor

So, looks like no  Xfinity App in the foreseeable future.  And  the 3rd party TV apps (Fox, Comedy Central etc.) do not have Comcast listed. I guess Comcast just does not care.  

New Poster

Well finally comcast was added to the History channel app. Dont everyone fret. Theres no TWC or Xfinity app for XB1 yet. Doesnt make sense to release thd app yet with the twc comcast merger and xbox one is getn a windows 10 upgrade which win10 will run (with different install packs but same kernel) on everythn from smart watches to windows 10 mobile phones, the xb1, tablets, laptops, PCs, all the way up to datacenter servers.. which means cross platform apps. Im sure xfinity will want a windows 10 mobile phone, and windows 10 desktop app, so im sure theyll wait til xb1 is running win10 early 2015, and develop their app cross platform so its one app the same on phone tablet pc and xb1
New Poster

I believe that they are holding back the Xbox one app intentionally because of their x1 platform. for those of you who use the x1 platform you know that it resembles, in some form, the features and amenities of the Xbox 360 Xfinity app. this leads me to conclude that they are looking to sign up as many people on the x1 platform as possible for their own revenue. We're stuck while they're laughing all the way to the bank. Just my opinion though.

New Poster

I work at Best Buy and talked to our Xfinity rep about this, he told me earlier in the year that it would be coming around May to Xbox One.
Frequent Visitor

This. This is why people who pay $150-$250 a MONTH get p*ssed at Comcast.

Seriously... that's rediculous. 

New Poster

I use a tablet with hdmi out to access the xfinity app as I traded in my sons 360 for the xone a few days ago, to my surprise no xfinity app, I see posters mentioned FIOS APP I live in a non FIOS area can I get service for their app anyway? I did notice sling tv app on the xone guess I'll have to try free month to see how that goes.
New Poster

How long did it take to get it on 360?
New Poster

@heathdan429 I forgot about Windows 10 I think you are right.
Frequent Visitor

Dark, no. You need a FIOS connection for the app to work. I know because I just had FIOS installed on Saturday. Friday the app would open, but give a message that no FIOS connection was available.

Pray that FIOS comes to your area. Its nice & priced about the same. I stream live TV a lot. And with the constant browser error that Comcast couldn't seem to figure out, the FIOS app covers it!

New Poster

Thanks Vegas, grats on FIOS glad you like it, trying the month free with sling tv, so far I like xfinity app better, so I'll wait it out. Do you have unlimited bandwidth with FIOS for internet, as I had to go with business class with uverse so I can avoid my cap.
New Poster

onir6.jpg

How I feel at the moment.

New Poster

@Bike_angel777. Lol
New Poster

I don't think this update from Xbox live adds any hope for an Xbox one version.
"
Effective 9/1/15, the Xfinity On Demand app will be removed from Xbox 360 consoles. You can still access programming that's part of your Xfinity TV subscription through one of our programming partner apps."
New Poster

• Karen > Hello BISMARCK_, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Karen. Please give me one moment to review your information.
  • BISMARCK_ > My Issue: Xfinity tv app on xbox one
  • Karen > It's great to have you here on chat! It's my pleasure to assist you.
  • BISMARCK_ > thanks
  • Karen > I understand that you need assistance in setting up Xfinity TV on your Xbox one, is this right?
  • BISMARCK_ > no to clarify
  • BISMARCK_ > a while ago you guys had an app on the xbox 360
  • BISMARCK_ > that allowed me to watch my content thru it
  • BISMARCK_ > you have since removed the app and im wondering if that app is coming to xbox one
  • BISMARCK_ > as thru comedy central app nor nfl app can i watch any of the shows since ur not listed as a provider
  • BISMARCK_ > http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Video-On-Demand/ETA-for-Xbox-One-Xfinity-App/td-p/1987847
  • Karen > May I put you on hold for a minute or 2 while I check on this?
  • BISMARCK_ > ok
  • Karen > While waiting, let me share about Xfinity Home security.Did you know that we now offer ways for you to safeguard your home 24/7?It includes products such as our live video security cameras which would allow you to view live streaming footage of your home even while you're away.
  • Karen > would you want to hear more about this product?
  • BISMARCK_ > no
  • Karen > Thank you for patiently waiting.
  • Karen > As of this time, Our product development team is still working on the Xbox one for Xfinity TV app.
  • BISMARCK_ > so your saying it hasnt been canceled and its being developed
  • Karen > Xbox one is available through HBO Go
  • Karen > HBO GO is now available on the Xbox 360, Xbox One, Kindle Fire, Roku, Apple TV, Samsung TVs, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV and Amazon Fire TV Stick.
  • BISMARCK_ > yeah but i only get hbo programing thru there
  • BISMARCK_ > no amc
  • Karen > Not yet, through Xbox one .
  • BISMARCK_ > or any of the other channels im subscribed with thru ur service
  • Karen > For XBOX one, it's only HBO Go that is supported as of this time, Bismarch.
  • Karen > Comcast is continually evaluating new platforms .
  • BISMARCK_ > ok thanks
New Poster

They're not really giving much information.  And they don't really directly answer questions. I guess that means they will be making the app then...Thanks very much for posting this!

Frequent Visitor

Same here.  I wish that Comcast would KEEP UP WITH THE TIMES and get a Xbox One application like they did on Xbox 360.

I want to get rid of my Xbox 360, and the stupid Xfinity Application is the only thing that is holding me back.  It is just wasting 

space on my Television shelf because I never play it anymore.  I just use it in my spare room where I work out to watch 

Xfinity, and I sure hope that they get it going soon.

Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

I am more impressed with Comcast lately, because they are really trying to stay up with things.  They changed their operating behavior (I think) after they saw that many people are moving away to Google Fiber and other companies.  However, I want to be a loyal customer, so I force myself to stay with them.  But, if Google comes to Houston, sorry, I might just have to jump overboard.

Frequent Visitor

I must say that I stand corrected.  Comcast is UP WITH THE TIMES.

I just found and tried the Xfinity application from the web, and it works BEAUTIFULLY.

It accesses the cable box from a HTML web browser (you can do it with Chrome not IE, who ya kidding!).

Anyway, it worked perfectly and let me access the recordings on my Xfinity box even.

Don't know yet how to integrate it into my environment at home.  I wasn't expecting this,

and I don't have that capability on my 360 or Xbox One to do this.  The browser on

Xbox One is VERY POOR so I might have to find a cheap PC or older PC to move to my Television

by my workout area to be able to access the web from it.

Anyone else see how easy it is?

https:// xtv.comcast.net /

Very good work, Ya'll in Philadelphia !!!  Just still wish that I could use a console to do

some of this, because this changes things.

New Poster

Yeah I really liked xfinity until realizing they don't have it for neither xbox. Like come on I got your internet and tv. At least let me use you on my game that use your internet.
New Poster

This lack of support and abysmal customer service is the reason i am so glad Google fiber is coming to my area. I can't wait to drop comcast liike a sack of bricks and get a service that actually works with thier customers rather then giving them the runaround while they laugh thier way to the bank. 

New Poster

Try Sling or Hulu.  Comcast has great internet.  Streaming tv over Comcast is the future.  Just cancel your Comcast cable & keep the internet.  Comcast appears to want to keep a closed system and stay in the past.  Both Hulu & Sling have services for about any device - including Xbox One.

New Poster

Well somebody might want to point out to them that being as the Xbox One is Wi-Fi not all of us have it sitting next to the cable box
New Poster

This is just a thought and I'm sure it sounds simpler than it would actually be but why don't they just make the 360 app backwards compatible on the Xbox one? It would at least give them time to develop an app since they clearly thought that they weren't going to need one
New Poster

Nevermind I just read the rest of the thread and see that they've also pulled it from the 360 while I was playing on the Xbox One this just keeps getting better (NOT!!!!!!!)
New Poster

You're question and rant was crazy, time consuming, and pretty much the most stupid thing on the internet to date..