Community Forum

ERROR CODE XRE-07002

New Poster

ERROR CODE XRE-07002

I have a new acct 11/6 and I am unable to receive on-demand error code XRE-07002 please help.

New Poster

Re: ERROR CODE XRE-07002

I am also new and experiencing this issue. Good luck I have been calling since tuesday
New Poster

Same thing with me. Error code when trying to access on demand content.
Frequent Visitor

Same here. Started 2 days ago. On line with customer service and they have no idea what the code is. Will post more if it gets resolved.
Frequent Visitor

Call center rep not able to help after "exhausting all options". Referring me to level 2 tech team and call back in 24 hours.
New Poster

On the phone now. Been getting the error for 4 days.
New Poster

Now saying it is linked to an outage! But told me to try it again and same message. Unfortunately this isn't working. This issue should be resolved soon. Please try your request again later. XRE-07002. Is later a week from now?
New Poster

Any responses from comcast on this? We have been experiencing the same error code for at least 2 days. Have rebooted box and made sure wires were secure.
Frequent Visitor

Called again today, they are migrating to a new billing systems and had a provisioning problem with the box. Look like box was still tied to old billing system, but my account is actually on new billing system - i.e. no way for the box to verify On Demand fees/service levels to an "inactive" appearing account. Seems like only way to resolve is to call to notify them the switch was done incorrectly.

New Poster

When will this problem be fixed. Spoke with over a dozen customer reps who give the same b.s. To me, a tech was here and couldn't get them to fix it either. Bogus company and a bunch of liars.
New Poster

Did this get your problem fixed?
Frequent Visitor

Problem was fixed after a couple of more calls.  The X1 box was eventually fixed after they provisioned the box to the new billing system correctly.  We have an HD DTA as well, but that took longer to fix. I advised rep of a suggestion to totally remove the DTA from the new billing account #, then re-apply it to the account.  That did the trick. 

New Poster

I am also a new customer as of 10/27 and I have had this error message for almost 2 weeks now (a week before that HBO and Starz on demand wasn't working). I have done the online chats with over 10 people regarding this issue. No one can fix it or offers any resolution to the problem. I began to contact my local sales rep who signed us up. He finally told me about the billing issue, but no timeline on when it would be fixed was given. On Sunday he told me a tech would come out to replace my box. Of course the tech never showed. I was told yesterday that someone will "hopefully be able to come today or tomorrow". 

Already hating this company and their poor customer service. I highly doubt we will be credited for the time we weren't able to use what we are paying for. 

New Poster

Not sure if this will help anyone, but I thought I'd share. We were a new account which was experiencing on demand problems that no one could fix. A tech finally came to our house and he found out from his dispatch contact that our account was somehow placed in a "disconnect" state--- not sure why, maybe b/c of their new billing system problems? He had to call 1-800-comcast and was switched to a few different people and someone was able to help. She had to add the package we were supossed to have to our account b/c it was showing that we had no package! We had to get a new email, they gave us a new landline. When the tech left the on demand was still showing an error message (this time a different one than the 07002). He told me to wait a day or two and I just checked this morning and everything works. Maybe this will help solve someone else's issues. Now onto the next battle which is to get our bill changed to the correct amount plus add credit for all of the missed time. 

Regular Visitor

Same here, they said something to do with billing codes, got to wait till Monday to speak with them, uggg
New Poster

This error is for video on demand error. I think it might be too many people trying to hit the content at one time.

New Poster

I am experiencing the same issue. Have spent fats trying to resolve. New service was installed 12/23/14.