Community Forum

Doctor Who New Year's show not On Demand

Contributor

Doctor Who New Year's show not On Demand

It took hoiurs, but I was able to watch the Doctor Who "Resolution" episode online at BBC America.  It still hasn't shown up on Xfinity On Demand.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/shows/doctor-who/full-episodes/new-years-day-specials/episode-01-resolutio...

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Doctor Who New Year's show not On Demand

"Resolution"  appears to be available online at

https://www.xfinity.com/stream/search?q=Doctor%20Who

and On Demand under

TV Shows / By Network / BBC America / Doctor Who / Season 11 / DW Holiday 2018  and

TV Shows / By Network / BBC America / Doctor Who HD / Season 11 / DW Holiday 2018 HD.

Contributor

Gold Problem Solver

@athena14 wrote: Doesn't work for me. ...

Could you be more specific? What doesn't work, exactly? The web link? On Demand? Any error messages? The more details you can provide, the better.

Contributor

http://www.bbcamerica.com/shows/doctor-who/full-episodes/new-years-day-specials/episode-01-resolutio...

Sorry.  Nothing you posted connected me.  The above URL worked,  though later  in  the day I had to sign up with BBC America.  Still no sign of the episode on Xfinity On Demand.  Hopefully it'll be there tomorrow, as I'd like to rewatch on my TV.  

Highlighted
Expert

I checked both links using my Lenovo computer on Edge W10. today.

Both links go to the same BBC home screen for that episode. Both showed 28 days left for the Binge special.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

@MNtundraRET wrote: ... Both links go to the same BBC home screen for that episode. ...

The OP was asking about On Demand. Are you seeing it there?

Contributor

"Resolution" is on On Demand~but it's listed as "S11-Resolution" and so appears at the bottom of the season 11 episodes. Same for Xfinity streaming.

Surely this is a plot by the to hide their defeat by

Expert

@BruceW wrote:

@MNtundraRET wrote: ... Both links go to the same BBC home screen for that episode. ...

The OP was asking about On Demand. Are you seeing it there?

I just checked "On Demand" linear. I am playing the Holiday version (good through 1/4/19) right now.

I have DSL so no X1 equipment will work for  me. Smiley Wink

I should have added I am now watching it on my Samsung 3D UHD 65" curved television. I can convert the movie to 3D if I wish. I did just try using 3D. It works just fine thanks to Comcast converting to MPEG 4. Real 3D movies are created with "In your face" movies effects. Conversion is 3D but would more normal.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!