Community Forum

Dial PBS National to complain: 703-739-5000

Problem Solver

Dial PBS National to complain: 703-739-5000

Then option 1, but they don’t give you much time for your voicemail.

Utterly inexcusable that their two new Sunday shows (July 01) are still unavailable in any form three days later. Especially as they only make them available for 14 days, typically. (You can take a typical 2-week summer vacation and lose ability to view at least one set of Sunday shows even when they are posted the Monday after.)

Tunnel Vengeance S03E01
Endeavour S05E02

Last time this happened I was 12 hours from cancelling my PBS contribution. Getting very close to really doing so.
Regular Contributor

Re: Dial PBS National to complain: 703-739-5000

@ForrestS wrote:
Then option 1, but they don’t give you much time for your voicemail.

Utterly inexcusable that their two new Sunday shows (July 01) are still unavailable in any form three days later. Especially as they only make them available for 14 days, typically. (You can take a typical 2-week summer vacation and lose ability to view at least one set of Sunday shows even when they are posted the Monday after.)

Tunnel Vengeance S03E01
Endeavour S05E02

Last time this happened I was 12 hours from cancelling my PBS contribution. Getting very close to really doing so.

Thank you for the phone number.  Are we sure this isn't Comcast's fault or responsibility rather than PBS's? 

Problem Solver

“Thank you for the phone number. Are we sure this isn't Comcast's fault or responsibility rather than PBS's?”<br><br>My answer: I don’t know for sure, and that uncertainty is fully in Comcast’s lap of responsibility. Comcast reps repeatedly say that missing shows are the providers’ fault. But a month ago, when there were missing shows one morning for FIVE different networks, I became suspicious, the odds being minuscule of 5 simultaneous failures by 5 parties. I asked whether providers instead plopped new content into a special repository location, then requiring Comcast to move it to the locations accessible via On Demand menus. Comcast’s reply was off point, not answering the question, but one point of failure (Comcast) seemed more likely.<br><br>So nobody knows for sure given Comcast’s past inadequate responses. Weirder still, they supposedly have an “On Demand Team” but Lord only knows what they do, if the providers do everything.
Regular Contributor

@ForrestS wrote:
“Thank you for the phone number. Are we sure this isn't Comcast's fault or responsibility rather than PBS's?”
_______________________________________________________________________________________

My answer: I don’t know for sure, and that uncertainty is fully in Comcast’s lap of responsibility. Comcast reps repeatedly say that missing shows are the providers’ fault. But a month ago, when there were missing shows one morning for FIVE different networks, I became suspicious, the odds being minuscule of 5 simultaneous failures by 5 parties. I asked whether providers instead plopped new content into a special repository location, then requiring Comcast to move it to the locations accessible via On Demand menus. Comcast’s reply was off point, not answering the question, but one point of failure (Comcast) seemed more likely.<br><br>So nobody knows for sure given Comcast’s past inadequate responses. Weirder still, they supposedly have an “On Demand Team” but Lord only knows what they do, if the providers do everything.

Something I often find interesting is to go through the various menus to see that whoever is supposed to list movies by title doesn't know how the alphabet works.  If you're looking for a title and don't find it where it should be, you might as well settle back and go through all the other lists -- chances are, you'll find it where it shouldn't be.  Talk about wasting customers' time. 

Problem Solver

I’m closing this thread and will open another, since I’ve gleaned the problem is on the Comcast, not PBS, end of things. I’ve spoken to reps on both sides. Don’t stop your PBS contributions, it is not their fault, they’ve supplied files to Comcast. The PBS rep I spoke to said she’s personally handled 80 calls on this issue.