Community Forum

Computer Online Viewing (XFINITY TV and DVR) not working

New Poster

Computer Online Viewing (XFINITY TV and DVR) not working

When logging onto the xfinity site ( https://xtv.comcast.net ) it shows “now connecting to your entertainent experience.....preparing your channel lineup” and the three dots pulse and pulse and pulse.  Finally, an error message appears: "Sorry we're having some trouble.  We're working as quickly as possible to resolve the issue and will have everything back up and running shortly.  Error: 00001 XTV HyperGard failed to retrieve homepage)."  The online viewing does work on my iPhone and iPad.  The computer viewing is not working--but, has worked smoothly in the past.  

Tags (3)
Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 8.40.28 PM.png
New Poster

Re: Computer Online Viewing not loading

Now the error message has changed to read: "Sorry we're having some trouble.  XFINITY TV is not available at the moment.  Please try back soon.  Error xacsa / xacsa.challenge.0: Internal DRAM or DRAM server security error)

Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 9.33.55 PM.png
New Poster

with no changes made by me, the error message has changed again (third time in an hour) to read: "Error parentalControls / parentalControls.fetch.timeout: API Failure"

Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 9.55.40 PM.png
Frequent Visitor

This is exactly my question.  I have received all of images that were posted.  Consider  (Error xacsa / xacsa.xact.3370.1000937: Internal DRM or DRM server security error).   I searched for an explanation of the error message, but I have not find one.  If you find the explanation then please post it.

Problem Solver

bjhenders88,

I am sorry for the delay. I see that our Executive Support Team is currently working on this issue for you. Someone from the Team will be in contact with you within 24 hours. If you have any further questions feel free to reach back out to us.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

My first idea is that the problem relates to DRM via Flash that is always enabled as a plugin. In Chrome OS (Chromebox, Chrome) Flash is embedded, and I can neither update it nor download it. I tried to download Flash from Adobe, but Adobe does not provide Flash downloads for Chromebox. That is their official statement. All updates are automatic. I did reset the Flash data files; however, that didn't allow Live TV to open. I did restore "all" of the Chrome OS settings to default. "All" does not include the licensing files. The caveat to resetting files is that their licenses are lost. The files remain on my Chromebox. Adobe updates the Flash files, but not the licenses. Only Comcast can replace the licenses, and I have not found a setting for replacing lost licenses. Google, Adobe, and Comcast are all involved. That is possibly why the problem is so difficult. It's too many cooks in the kitchen. My second idea is that the problem relates to my use of the Ethernet. The DRM requirements for wired pc-modem/router-TV are not met. Everything is provided by Comcast, no mixing of services or devices. I suppose that I might need new cables. My WiFi network box is upstairs. My Chromebox is downstairs, and the signal is too weak. The other users run various Windows and Macs without any problems. One possibility is to send out a Comcast technician and have him check all of the hardware. Please add this information to the escalated ticket.
Frequent Visitor

I received a telephone call this evening concerning the escalated ticket. My problem was not solved. I can't reproduce what he said. He may have said that the version of Flash on my Chromebox was wrong. Or that the version of Chrome is not written for Comcast. Or that Chromebox is not a device that Comcast recognizes. He left a return number that I cannot show here. Shortly thereafter I received another telephone call, but he had a heavy accent, and I could not understand what he said. This leaves me in limbo. Google will likely tell me that their Chromebox and Chrome are not the problem. I can't imagine that Google would produce a device or a Chrome browser that was not compatible with Comcast, but apparently I do not understand the licensing situation. I will try to watch your Video on Demand. In any event please don't close my ticket.
Problem Solver

bjhenders88,

I am sorry for the delay. I see that the information has been added to your escalation ticket for you, and a follow up request was made. Someone from the Escalation Team will be in contact with you soon to further discuss your issue.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

My online Live TV viewing has been restored on an escalated ticket.  Some of you may see a new error message.  Follow the instructions.

New Poster

5/2/2016 -- I receive the same "xacsa" error when trying to access xtv.  At first it was when I attempted to access the latest episode of Game of Thrones (5/1/2016); so I tried to access other, unrelated and even non-pay shows. . . same result:

Sorry, we’ve experienced some difficulty playing Game of Thrones S6|E2 "Game of Thrones 52 (HBO)".  Please refresh this page in your browser to continue where you left off.
900|3370.1000937  Refresh

Sorry, we're having some trouble.

XFINITY TV is not available at the moment. Please try back soon.
(Error xacsa / xacsa.xact.3370.1000937: Internal DRM or DRM server security error)

Frequent Visitor

Think DMCA.  The first login takes you to your account.  It is NOT a login to Online Viewing.  In this case the Comcast security policy requires two steps.

Online Viewing has a second geographical login requirement that is not stated on your screen.  Look for an error number.  Some Online Viewing error messages may be only text messages with images, but with no error number attached.    In some unspecified way the Comcast server has identified that you are physically  "out of bounds." You are "off the playing field."  Perhaps you are using an international VPN.  International viewing may be nicht.   The Comcast server may have determined that you live in the United States, but you are attempting to login to Online Viewing from outside the United States.  Perhaps you moved and your physical location is not the same as given on your Account page.   Go to    https://www.dnsleaktest.com/  .  This is your physical location as identified by the Comcast server.  This location should be the same as the physical location where you pay your Comcast bills.  If the locations are different, then the Comcast server can not verify that you are a paying customer.   You pay for Online Viewing only in a defined geographical area.

If you find a physical location discrepancy then contact Comcast Billing and ask them what physical, gepgraphical area you are paying for.  Also, check your paying region for the national networks, such as NBC, and definitely for movies.  You only receive what you pay for.  No more. Find out exactly what you are paying for.  Follow your money. Remember from the movie, "Show me the money!"  

The global, international, source of your Online Viewing message likely relates to Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Millennium_Copyright_Act     In general if you have an unusual viewing problem then the final cause will relate to Comcast Policy that is associated with DMCA.  This includes TV channel problems, Flash problems, HTML5 problems, network problems,and Protected Content problems.   Security problems are everywhere.  DMCA problems relate to money.  Copyright owners must receive their money.  Many people are attempting to steal their money.  Protecting the copyright owners is difficult, and this makes Comcast software complicated.  If you do not know what your viewing error is about, if it is a complete mystery to you, if you have checked your hardware,  if the error is vague or general, if Comcast Support cannot help you, then think DMCA.  The DMCA problems are like an Easter egg hunt, and nobody has told you which yard to look in.  As I have written before: DRM is not simple.

New Poster

Very annoying bug here. at first I thought this was an issue with Chrome not handling flash technology properly (or more likely not being implemented correctly by Xfinity) so I tried FireFox and Safari with the same error message:

XFINITY® TV is not available at the moment. Please try back soon.
(Error xacsa.cima-pil.activation-code-timeout: FatalDrmError)

Next I thought it might be a browser cache issue specific to Chrome or some login or cached password that had been changed and was being passed via a query string into the applicaiton so I cleared all browser, applicaiton cache, cookies and plugin data. Surely removing any saved site cookies and all stored application cache and plugin data would resolve this, but no.  

Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 8.02.04 PM.png

Finally after WEEKS of not having time to deal with it, and basically just switching to Netflix and hoping the issue would some day resolve itself, I realized I had to spend a night on a the phone with Comcast/Xfinity before this would get resolved. 

I called customer service and they were absolutely clueless. She didn't even want the error code for the message and it was obvious that she was way out of her depth in terms of technical support. As I was on hold for about 10 minutes, I tried some Google-fu and found that the Comcast support website had an article that recommended power cycling the cable box, holding down the button for 20 seconds and then watching it cycle back through its settings.

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-errorcode-rdk03032-unable-to-connect-to-xf...

I tried this, too, with no success and didn't bother asking the customer service person to wait on the line to see if it worked. 

Next I started an online chat via the web portal and the gentlemen there didn't respond for several minutes. When I finally said HELLO? He said that he had a technical issue and had missed my message. Good times. 

Finally, after I described the issue a third time, he told me the servers would need to be refreshed from the Comcast side and I would be able to access https://tv.xfinity.com/ after 30-45 minutes. I hope this helps someone else out there or perhaps we can get a little more insight into the actual technical issue and if its something a customer even has the ability to solve on their own without contacting Comcast which is a complete waste of an evening. 

Contributor

I got the DRM error and switched from Chrome to Firefox and it works in Firefox,

New Poster

I couldn't access xfinity on firefox and switched to chrome - I have access now.  Who knows?