Community Forum

Commercials??!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Commercials??!

I pay your company a ridiculous amount of money to watch TV. I do not pay you to watch commercials. On Demand is a joke. I just tried to watch a movie. For every 10 minutes of movie I watched 5 minutes of commercials. I find it comical that You played a Direct TV ad. I think it's time to move to straight streaming.
Regular Visitor

Re: Commercials??!

Also, not being able to fastforward content that I paid for is ridiculous.
Silver Problem Solver

The commercials are probably because the movie is tied to a cable network (FX, etc...) They are no different than watching a TV show from that network.

You can use PageUp/Dn to jump 10 minutes at a time. You can use review and (if programmed into your remote) '30-second skip' to jump 5 minutes at a time.

Regular Visitor

You can't jump 5 minutes. You have to jump 10 which conveniently puts you at the next commercial. If it's the networks fault how does Netflix get away without so many? Also I have already paid for this content. It should be no different than if I record the program with my DVR.
Silver Problem Solver

I have no problem with on demand commercials. Content does have to be paid for. But the commercial arrangement now makes on demand unwatchable.

Regular Visitor

I don't mind some commercials either, but this is crazy. Every 10 minutes they have a 5 minute commercial block. That is way too much. How does Netflix play an entire movie with only one block of commercials and still charge WAY less?
New Poster

I totally agree.  Spend a lot of money monthly and now you put in so many commercials its ridiculous.  Every 10 minutes!  Makes me rethink my tv company.  In fact I just watched a Direct TV ad On Demand and its very tempting!  May have to change carriers and I've had comcast/xfinity for 19 years.  THAT'S how mad this makes me!

New Poster

I totally agree.  Spend a lot of money monthly and now you put in so many commercials its ridiculous.  Every 10 minutes!  Makes me rethink my tv company.  In fact I just watched a Direct TV ad On Demand and its very tempting!  May have to change carriers and I've had comcast/xfinity for 19 years.  THAT'S how mad this makes me!

Silver Problem Solver

Then complain to the right people (the content provoder). Comcast has nothing to do with the commercials, or how many there are. VOD is also NOT DVR, so if the content provider wants to disable FF then that's on them. 

Contributor

So, who exactly is this "content provider"? We hate having to watch on-demand for shows we couldn't dvr because of the long long repetitive commercials. Comcast is providing the service we are paying dearly for (thinking of switching soon). On-demand is almost worthless because of commercials and basically no control.

Gold Problem Solver

Content provider is the network the show is on or the producers of the show.

This is not unique to Comcast. This is not unique to Comcast. I have watched On Demand from other providers and it is the same with them.

Reason: advertisers pay for the commercials. They want people to watch them, not fast forward through them.

There is a work-around. I use this method and it works if you want to watch from beginning to end without pausing or stopping the show.

Set your remote for a 30 second skip forward. You can use that button to skip watching the ad's.

If you go to far rewind or 15 second skip back to get to where you want to be.

Legacy DVR remote how to http://www.ehow.com/how_6933987_program-second-jum​p-comcast-dvr.html

X1 remote how to http://hotdigitalnews.com/how-to-program-a-30-seco​nd-skip-button-for-xfinity-x1/

If it goes back to the tv you can use the 5 minute skip on the remote to get back to the last part you watched.

On the legacy remote I think skip is 10 minutes.

Official Employee
Moved:

Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines [personal identifying information in image]. If you are not familiar with the Guidelines you may review them here. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379

New Poster

I just noticed that they now have commercials during on demand movies! Xfinity is lousy . I need to reduce my package next time. I really don’t need so much tv.