Community Forum

Certain Shows Fail 100%: player.noPlayableID

Regular Visitor

Certain Shows Fail 100%: player.noPlayableID

I've tried watching Below Deck Med and Forged in Fire, and both shows fail 100% of the time. I've tried rebooting, different browsers, re-logging, etc, and nothing works. 

The error I'm getting is: player.noPlayableID. 

Any ideas? Thanks!

Expert

Re: Certain Shows Fail 100%: player.noPlayableID

@tiveria20 wrote:

I've tried watching Below Deck Med and Forged in Fire, and both shows fail 100% of the time. I've tried rebooting, different browsers, re-logging, etc, and nothing works. 

The error I'm getting is: player.noPlayableID. 

Any ideas? Thanks!

live? on-demand? completed recording?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

This is not live. XFINITY Stream from PC.  I click into Browse - > TV - > Find Days of the Week. I go to the day of the week (Tuesday for Below Deck Med) - > Click on the image - > click on the episode (latest episode) - > Get the error. 

It doesn't start. 

Thanks!

New Poster

This just started happening to me too. I was trying to watch "Trial and Error" Episode 4 and that same message kept popping up. Flash is working and the other episodes played. Just not that one.

Expert

@tiveria20 wrote:

This is not live. XFINITY Stream from PC.  I click into Browse - > TV - > Find Days of the Week. I go to the day of the week (Tuesday for Below Deck Med) - > Click on the image - > click on the episode (latest episode) - > Get the error. 

It doesn't start. 

Thanks!

tiveria20 - I tried the latest episode of Below Deck Mediterranean seas 3 ep 11 in HD or SD, the TVgo version worked fine.

thewooster - Trial and Error Seas 2 ep 4 HD would not play but the SD version did.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@tiveria20 & @thewooster

I can investigate the issues you guys are having with these episodes. I also tried duplicating the issue and got the same results as Rustyben. In order to assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Customer Service Diagnostics

Build number
OS
Mac OS 10.12.6
Browser
Chrome 68.0.3440.106
Flash version
Status
in home
Entitlements
tve-linear, clinear, est, cdvr, tve-vod, cvod, transactions
Last fingerprint
cloudtv_web_polymer_5.1.0.2_prod_1537320925152_49959
Stream provider
primetime
Video ID
vod/item/ComcastTitleVI/cbs.comCBSV1582842385259947-CBSV2582842385259947/
Media ID
comcast:mediarogram:account:guid:5146962476157216112:ComcastTitleVI:cbs.comCBSV1582842385259947-CBSV2582842385259947
Error code
player.noPlayableID
Error description
Error aux info
Video Provider
CBS
Video Source
s:VodItem
Video Title
Whatever Remains, However Improbable
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am also getting this error and like everyone else - browser is up to date as well as flash...

This just happened to me for about 2 weeks ago on a new show called "Legacies" pilot episode with the error: player.noPlayableID

It is the same issue after 2 weeks and now I'm getting that error on CW shows that is streaming after it aired as I watch my shows online PC.

I can watch the older episodes for 2018 season no problem as for the newer content it is the same player.noPlayableID error! 

I've sampled other channel stations of my saved favorites to watch are playing fine it seems this is a CW channel issue? Maybe it is not compatible with Xfinity Stream or something else like corrupted codex?

This Video Cannot Be Played

We've run into a problem while streaming News Flash.

(Error player.noPlayableID)

Hopefully a tech will figure this out?
I've done my efforts to ensure that flash is updated and running - I use Firefox as Chrome has it issues when they made changes and I don't like to repeat active lic. on Adobe flash every  time when I want to watch Xfinity!!??!! It is better on Firefox

Best Regards,
John Baldwin

Official Employee

Hi @4299515

Thanks for using the forums. I'm going to help investigate this for you. I've replied to your private message with a few additional questions. Chat with you soon. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@4299515

Thanks for allowing me to complete the back-end provisioning on your account that was needed to resolve this error. Please reach out if you need any assistance in the future. Thanks for being a valued customer, take care.