Community Forum

Cannot access AMC premiere content through X1 box

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Cannot access AMC premiere content through X1 box

I suscribed to AMC premiere last week and can access all the content through the streaming app on my phone/iPad, but cannot access any of it on my TV through the X1 box via on demand.  While they have reset my box numerous times, sent various new signals to it, sent a tech out who exchanged the box and wires, and sent another tech to do something with the pole outside, I still cannot access the content. 

Basically, whenever I go to AMC premiere/ad-free via On Demand, the page looks exactly the same as before I subscribed and I cannot access all the episodes I should be able to.  Each time I call,  everyone tells me it's a signal issue, I've never had any issues with renting movies through On Demand or my other subscriptions, so I have to think this is more of a technical glitch specific to AMC premiere than a signal isssue. 

They are, yet again, sending out another tech to do something else with the wires outside but I have low expectations of this actually fixing the problem.  

Regular Visitor

Re: Cannot access AMC premiere content through X1 box

Wish I could say the issue was fixed, but it is not. The tech came last Saturday and talked to various IT guys for 2 hours to no avail. Supposedly regional and national ticket numbers were placed, but I was never given these so I have no idea if the issue is being worked on.

Somehow a THIRD tech coming to look at it is somehow supposed to fix this problem. I need IT people, NOT a tech.

I will keep posting until the issue is fixed or I give up and cancel the subscription.
Regular Visitor

Thought I would give another update, in case anyone is curious -- the problem still isn't fixed yet (this will be week #3).  This past Saturday, a tech with a supervisor came to the house.  The supervisor spent most of his time on the phone in his car to presumably IT people.  Supposedly, the issue is that while the X1 box registers my subsciption to AMC premiere, it does not have the "entitlements" needed to give me the subscription features.  Clearly this must be a regional thing (I'm in Pittsburgh, btw) since I haven't come across anyone else with similar complaints posted online.

I will supposedly hear from a regional supervisor sometime this week about any updates. In the meantime, I keep getting annoying calls from lower-level Comcast agents since the ticket is still open and they apparently don't seem to understand that it's a problem waaaayyyy above their pay-grade -- I think that's the most annoying part about all this.  I've probably had them reset my box about 100 times, each time with  "more signals" sent to it, and had a dozen agents tell me I have "red and yellow" instead of "green" signals to my box, so I must have signal problems...even though I don't. Argh.

Official Employee

Please send me your X1 device Mac or serial number - directly in a PM.
Thanks,
Tony

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Your account was missing the proper tag for AMC premier- I’m not sure yet how it happened but it’s corrected for your account.

Please confirm - I’ll also make sure you get the credit for this issue.
Thanks,
Tony

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

It works! Thank you so much!