Community Forum

Bogus movie purchases on my bill

Frequent Visitor

Bogus movie purchases on my bill

My husband and I are the only people that are ever in our house. The most recent bill shows us as purchasing 2 movies that neither of us had ever heard of much less wanted to watch. I logged in to My Account and tried to figure out how and when these charges occurred. Low and behold there were two more purchases that we never made, one a movie and the other was called something like "History vault". We had seen the latter on the bill but thought it was some sort of involuntary addition to our plan. I was able to remove the History Vault but our bills show that we have been paying for this for several months. Again, we did not ask to purchase this. The three movies show up as purchased for a price between $10 and $20 dollars. Do we now "own" these movies that no one would want? I would think someone broke into my account except no unknown connections seem present and the three movies don't seem to fit into a single taste in movies - one is a Zombie movie coincidentally? purchased on Halloween. Another is a stupid-sounding comedy "Daddy's Home" and the last is a dark movie about a woman with Alzheimers (IRIS). We didn't purchase these and can't afford to pay for movies that appear from nowhere and are bought and viewed by nobody. We are retired. I've looked for other complaints and found a few but I have seen no explanation of how bogus purchases happen. I set the purchase pin but, since no one initiated a purchase, I don't believe this will solve it. The purchases are appearing without any purchase being attempted (ever). Yes, we have never even used on-demand and really aren't sure just what it is or how to use it. To us its like 200 of our 220 channels - things we pay for but never view. I don't know what to do. I've seen that you can have on-demand blocked but, if so, why are people who block services charged for them? All I want is to stop the bogus part of my service, not the parts I might legitimately want to use sometime. Where are the charges coming from?

Official Employee

Re: Bogus movie purchases on my bill

Hello Anna_Lee, could someone maybe visited the time these were ordered? I can look into you account from here and investigate this,  can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Official Employee

Thank you Anna_Lee, I see the Iris movie was ordered on 11/25/2017 @ 4:15pm and was never watched, so I have refunded this. The Daddy's Home was ordered on 11/20/2017 at 5:12pm. Both I have refunded, however, I don't see a Zombie movie, do you have the date on this one?  

Frequent Visitor

The Zombie movie was on Halloween (Oct.31) and we didn't notice it on the previous bill.

We were afraid to miss the deadline for payment so we went down to the local Xfinity store. They said they could see all the movies and that I had been credited for all. They gave me a new amount due on the current bill hand written on the bill. Then the website was updated and said the credit would be on the next bill. So we are at a loss as to how much to pay on the current bill (due Jan. 2). We don't want to lose the credit but we don't want to underpay this bill if we need to wait until the next bill displays the credit. What should we do - Discount/underpay the current bill using the hand written number or wait (and hope) unitl we see the next bill?

Official Employee

Hi Anna_Lee, 

I'm following up for Shane regarding your billing concerns. Since it's been a while since we last verified, can you please verify your account information in a private message and I can continue to address your billing concerns? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.