Community Forum

Blue Bloods on demand has sap on. How can I turn it off

New Poster

Blue Bloods on demand has sap on. How can I turn it off

The latest episode of Blue Bloods has SAP narration that I can’t turn off. Nothing else does, and I’ve checked my TV settings. Any tips?
Contributor

Re: Blue Bloods on demand has sap on. How can I turn it off

I'm having the same problem. Very frustrating.
New Poster

Same here.  How do you turn that off? I’m using a tivo box to look at on demand. 

Contributor

I believe it's a problem at Comcast's end. Perhaps a glich when Blue Bloods was loaded to On Demand. We'll have to wait for a response and fix at their end.
Hi
New Poster

Wife called Xfinity support. Xfinity reset the cable box, but that DID NOT fix the problem. 

She got transfered to a "Tier 2" level CS rep and she tried different things to no avail. My wife had a hard time getting the rep to understand that it is a problem on their end and not a cable box or audio setting. More likely, CBS sent Xfinity this episode with SAP enabled and their is no way to turn it off.

I logged onto the CBS website and this episode does not have SAP enabled, so it is an Xfinity issue. 

I also logged into the Xfinity app on my phone and it is still SAP enabled. This is an episode issue.

Frequent Visitor

We’re hearing the same here. In addition to the “Video Description” voice in the background video-description-34-gray.png, the audio also sounds like it’s coming out of a bucket – very tinny and with a slight echo. I checked the previous episode of Blue Bloods which sounds normal.

The night before when watching Seal Team S1 Ep 15 on demand, we also noticed the tinny sound but no video description voice. Once again, the previous episode sounded fine.

Watched an episode of Modern Family (ABC) On Demand which is listed as having video description and had no problem with the sound.

Checked the settings on two separate Xfinity boxes and two different TVs but both exhibit the same audio problem with the shows mentioned.

So, I’m thinking it’s a problem for some very recent CBS On Demand shows provided to Xfinity.

At least after finding this thread, I don’t have to worry that I pressed a wrong button somewhere along the line!

Silver Problem Solver

With CBS pushing their monthly-fee "CBS All Access" service, I wouldn't be surprised if they start doing stuff like this on purpose to help sell their service.

Problem Solver

I'm a non-X1, SD TV customer.  Just checked the Blue Bloods episode & found no SAP/Video Description issue - hope that's true for all by now.

I can confirm the "tinny-sound from a bucket" audio of the last SEAL Team episode.

Contributor

Watching Blue Bloods in HD On Demand right now. No issue with audio.
Frequent Visitor

Looks like the issue has been resolved.  The audio on Blue Bloods: Tale of Two Cities is back to normal. 

The audio on Seal Team S1 Ep 15 is much improved.

Thanks to those involved in the fix!