Community Forum

Bill Maher episode 468

Problem Solver

Bill Maher episode 468

There seems to be some administrative confusion here.

For HBO subscribers who care, Bill Maher episode 468 has been missing for some weeks now. (The 10 minute OT that anyone can also get on YouTube for episode 468 is available, but of course that isn’t the main show.). Many earlier episodes are available, so 468 is not missing due to expiration.

I recently closed its original thread since our HBO subscription has expired. My final leaf was deleted on the grounds of being wrong and off-topic, but it was entirely on topic and correct. I don’t know why the administrative confusion exists, but it does.

Anyway, those who care should call 1-800-COMCAST to get this missing episode restored.
Official Employee

Re: Bill Maher episode 468

Hi, I wanted to let you know that we're still having these episodes looked into. Once we have more information we will let you know. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Problem Solver

SeanR: I ask again (not your fault; inexplicable deletion of an earlier post by a 3rd party), the extremely ON-TOPIC question: did the other reps who responded on the original thread submit a ticket to the On Demand Team?

We all know from recent experiences that things don’t get fixed without such tickets. Ten days ago, neither rep confirmed that a ticket was submitted. This is the heart of this topic. Thanks for working with me and others to enable a solution from the On Demand Support Team, amid the distractions.
Highlighted
Admin1

ForrestS -- A ticket was submitted to our On Demand team. Please keep in mind that many On Demand issues are related to what we receive from the content holder and can only be fixed by the content holder. These issues take time to get resolved as we're waiting for the content holder to deliver a new, fixed asset to us. Other times the content holder declines this as the asset is expired. We appreciate your patience while we work with the content holder to get an answer either way. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Admin1

ForrestS -- HBO has restored Bill Maher Episode 468. I confirmed this is now showing. Can you confirm as well please?

Problem Solver

Zach: the whole topic got confused because of unnecessary deletion actions that resulted in multiple threads...

...as I said in one of those threads, our HBO expired, so this nice corrective action has come too late for us. We’d have enjoyed watching it but someone else will just have to confirm it works. I do see it posted. Did they say what happened to cause the problem in the first place? Thanks...
Admin1

ForrestS -- Yes, we did get an explanation. The episode had been removed from our data base and not re-pitched by HBO. HBO was supposed to give us a new copy and that hadn't happened. We had to alert them to this to get a new copy.