Community Forum

Audio issues with Poladark S4. E8

Frequent Visitor

Audio issues with Poladark S4. E8

I am having audio issues while trying to watch Poldark S4.E8 On Demand  The PBS intro works fine but when the actual show comes on, I can hear the music but not the actors speaking.  I had no problems with E.7.  This happens whether I watch it at home or try streaming on my iPad.  Support has been no help.  I chatted with support and they rebooted the receiver which did nothing.  I was then told I would hear from next level support within 24 hours.  I didn't actually hear from next level support for several days, actually getting a call late afternoon on Christmas Eve.  She remotely rebooted the receiver with did nothing.  She then told me that I needed to have a tech come out and replace the receiver.  The receiver clearly is not the issue.  It's with the streaming of that episode as it happens both when I try to watch through the receiver at home and when I tried to watch on the iPad last night at a hotel in Boston.  But I can't seem to get the support folks to actually listen and understand.  They seem to just be going through the standard checklist without taking time to think.  I'd like to be able to actually watch E.8 with the ability to hear the speaking parts, seeing that I paid for it.