Community Forum

Asked to pay after pausing a movie

New Poster

Asked to pay after pausing a movie

I was watching Death Race 3: Inferno a few days ago, actually there was a marathon on SYFY, but I was watching 3 On Demand - FOR FREE. I paused it with about 19 minutes left, got a snack, and came back to resume. It would NOT resume, hung on ellipses (busy) forabout 10 minutes - I tried restarting, and even went to another TV... notthing worked. Finally, after coming back to the original TV and trying to start from scratch - I get the only option; pay $19.99 to finish watching a movie that not only was just on TV less than an hour before - but an old 2013 movie that f I recall correctly didn't even make it to the theatres?  Although concerning, this isn't about the outrageous price, but ther fact that I couldnt pause a movie and continue to watch it, getting that nasty surprise when I tried to resume it. I would think that once you start watching a movie the rule should be you get to finish it - even if there is some price change AFTER you started - that should not apply to YOU, as you were watching it under a different promise!

This has happened more than once, btw - any light on why all the sudden?