Community Forum

Activate Showtime Anytime on Apple TV

New Poster

Activate Showtime Anytime on Apple TV

I'm trying to activate Showtime Anytime on my Apple TV. When I do this, I'm given a prompt that tells me to go to showtimeanytime.com/activate and log in through my provider in order to activate  this on my Apple TV. I go to the website, it asks me who my provider is, to which I respond Comcast Xfinity. I'm then taken to a Comcast Xfinity site where the prompt reads Sign up for Showtime on Demand for $10/mo for the first 6 months. Of course I don't want to do this and so I click "No Thanks." I'm then redirected back to the Xfinity homepage without ever being able to activate Showtime Anytime.

When I called tech support to ameliorate this, I was taken to level 2 support. They reset my account subscriptions (which of course includes Showtime) and told me to call back in an hour to verify whether this fixed the problem, which it did not. When I called back, I explained the situation to a new tech who just stated that I would have to order Showtime on Demand in order to activate the device, but I'm not sure they knew what they were talking about. If this were true, then they're saying that I would pay over $20 a month to have Showtime cable and on demand when I can just purchase the Showtime subscription on Apple TV for $11/mo. Has anyone else had this issue and were you able to resolve it? Any help would be much appreciated!

New Poster

Re: Activate Showtime Anytime on Apple TV

Yes I have had the exact same problem I'm not sure why showtime is so incapable of making an Apple TV app it's ridiculous I really wish they would get their act together yes showtime I'm talking to you
New Poster

I am having the same problem, clearly a Comcast issue. Also, I purchased the Showtime subscription through my TV on XFinity and a message popped up with something to the effect of "You are now subscribed. You may begin watching Showtime programming immediately." However, when I went back to the On Demand menu, I still had no access to any Showtime programs. The subscribe option was gone so I know the subscription was submitted. Very frustrated right now, as per usual with Comcast.

New Poster

Yes, im having the same stupid problem.  Is there a workaround this?  Has Comcast responded at all?