Community Forum

AMC+ Discrepancy

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

AMC+ Discrepancy

Last week I signed up for Sundance Now directly because I didn't see it listed on X1 as a subscription. Fortunately, the first 7 days are a free trial and during that time I learned that Sundance Now content is bundled with the new AMC+ service along with IFC Unlimited and other content.

The AMC website says that all Sundance Now content is included with AMC+ but have found a few exceptions that I hope are just mistakes. One example is a series called "Liar". On AMC+ only the 1st season of 6 episodesis available but the Sundance Now website lets you watch season 2 (also 6 episodes) as well. I confirmed on IMDB that the season 2 episodes were previously aired vs. just empty placeholders for upcoming to be aired shows.

If AMC+ advertises itself as saying that it includes all Sundance Now content then will someone at Comcast see about making Season 2 of Liar available? If so I will continue to report any other discrepancies I come across in the future.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: AMC+ Discrepancy

Sundance May have a limit as to WHEN they release episodes to outlets that aren’t directly theirs

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

^^ I get that but AMC actually owns Sundance and AMC's support page for AMC+ is worded in such a way that it infers that all content on Sundance Now, IFC Unlimited, and Shudder are bundled with AMC+.

I think it's a system issue of some nature. I even found the reverse of this scenario with a Sundance Now series on X1 AMC+ having 2 seasons available but only 1 Season on Sundance Now. I guess I could report that via the Sundance Now site but I'm not technically a customer there anymore.

https://amc-customercare.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048715694-Overview-of-AMC-

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

You’re right, it doesn’t state exactly what content is available. On Demand content gets added and pulled all the time (it’s the same for many streaming services).

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Spoiler

^^^ true. Many movies and TV shows bounce around to new content providers and sometimes are added to additional providers. I see it every day and that relates back to one of my earlier posts here that talk about how movies that are marked as "watched" on X1 will revert back to "unwatched" when the content changes hands to a different channel or platform. I generally have to remark items as "watched" to many movies every day or two.

Nonetheless, I do think that Season 2 of Liar should be available on X1's AMC+ service based on how it is marketed to end users. I submitted the same concern to AMC via their support page a few hours ago so hopefully the issue will be resolved. I just binged season 1 which ended on a cliffhanger so I hope season 2 becomes watchable soon. If you have the service definitely watch season 1 of Liar on AMC+. Unfortunately, the reviews for season 2 aren't very promising but I'd still like to find out what happened.