Community Forum

ABC shows not on On Demand

Contributor

ABC shows not on On Demand

Why doesn't ABC allow it's latest episodes to be released on On Demand? Modern Family, Speechless, Designated Survivor, Grey's Anatomy are all missing the latest episodes. Possibly others, but theses are the ones I watch.

New Poster

Re: ABC shows not on On Demand

Yes, I've experienced this too. Thing is I'm sure I watched the episodes last week but now it says the latest one available is two weeks ago. I'd watch it on the abc app but the app is awful and gets stuck on commercials. 

Regular Contributor

allisonandrews wrote:

Why doesn't ABC allow it's latest episodes to be released on On Demand? Modern Family, Speechless, Designated Survivor, Grey's Anatomy are all missing the latest episodes. Possibly others, but theses are the ones I watch.

I can add to your list: "How to Get Away With Murder," "Notorious," "Agents of SHIELD," and "Once Upon a Time."

I hope they get this under control soon!

New Poster

This problem is so out of control.  You can also add to the list General Hospital.  It is bad enough for the weekly shows to not be there as promised "they day after they air", but this is a daily show, and the episodes are not showing up for 4 or 5 days, and then it is hit and miss wether they will be available in HD, or if you have to wait even longer for that.  They sometimes just skip episodes, and they will add them a week later.  Like skipping chapters in a book!!!!  It is now Saturday AM, and Wednesday's episode is still not there.  

I have complained and complained.  They say it is ABC who posts the episodes - but we do not pay ABC, we pay Comcast/Xfinity, so it is up to them to make sure ABC stops dropping the ball.  I think someone should be fired for not getting the job done as scheduled in a timely manner.  

New Poster

I work late on Thursdays and have not been able to watch Grey's I have watched this show since the start, always watch on Saturday morning and for the last 2 weeks I have not been able to see the show I'm getting a bit angry that I pay xfinity for this ability, when are you going to do something about this. I could get rid of on demand since I checked hulu right now setting up 5.99 new subscription and they have all the episodes. Hulu is less then on demand
New Poster

I started dvring my abc shows but I'm stuck because I'm still missing an episode of all my shows! Being new to xfinity I really hope this gets taken care of
Contributor

I agree

just reported again

its Comcast problem

not ABC

Contributor

I agree too.  Comcast had better fix this before they start losing customers.  Why have On Demand if it does not work correctly.

Contributor

They are not working on it... They do not take the complaints or read their own forums

and they could care less if they lose customers

nothing has been updated since November 8

Expert
Moved:

Your post was removed to a secure location for a violation of Forum Guidelines [circumventing the language filters]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.

New Poster

I just downloaded the Xfinity TV app on my phone and found one of the missing ABC episodes is available to watch On Demand there. It is still not available via my TV/cable box. Designator Survivor episode 6 is the example.
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I'm still waiting for htgawm

New Poster

When are the abc shows going to be updated on xfinity on demand ? It is extremely aggravating . They advertise the shows will be on demand the next day NOT. What is taking so long Comcast?
New Poster

just wanted to add a note - I called Comcast/Xfinity again, and I was given a number for ABC so I can call and talk to them.  

If any of you also want to do so - the number is 818-460-7477.  I plan to call during business hours on Monday..  

Since they are the ones who have to post the episodes, I figure they need to be aware of how unhappy people are with the current state of affairs.

Contributor

I called last week

they are sending episodes to Comcast

it is a Comcast problem

New Poster

I find the missing TV episodes I am looking for ONLY by accessing my account online. Sounds like someone from Comcast needs to solve a disconnect between online On Demand and cable box/TV On Demand. Not sure why there is a difference!?
Contributor

I contacted comcast and they put a ticket in on it for me. As info, I checked with friends that have Direct Tv and Uverse and they are getting all ABC shows on Demand. When I contacted ABC they said it was a comcast problem. We'll see.

Contributor

Update,  I contacted Comcast regarding my ticket and they said it's posted on their intra website they are aware their is a problem between ABC and Comcast On Demand. I don't know why it's taken 2 weeks to realize it though.

New Poster

Interesting.  You can respond to this one but not other legitimate complaints.

New Poster

I've seen one thread that customer service claims it's ABC'S fault, which makes no sense, because it's on Xfinity online. I have text chatted, sent feedback to no avail.
Valued Contributor

I just found some information about the missing episodes that are available OnDemand and the XFINITY TV Applications. There is a known issue on Comcast end that is stating issues with the past 2/3 weeks of ABC Programming, some CBS Programming, along with PBS. They do not have an estimated time of resolution from the information I was able to get. They state they are aware of the issue and working as diligently as possible to restore the content. 

Regular Contributor

I noticed this as well and was just about to post about it. Quite a few abc shows either have episodes missing or they weren't put up or back up. It seems to be the tuesday-friday shows as well as eps of gh and the view. I also noticed episodes of shows on food network too like cutthroat kitchen, the pioneer woman from November 5th and Sunday night's episode of holiday baking championship were not on or missing, 90 day fiance and happily ever after on tlc from sunday, as well as saturday's episode of school of rock on nick, Thursday's growing up hip hop and money, power, respect on wetv and episode ten of recovery road on freeform. I don't understand why so many seem to be missing. Can you fix these and put them back up or on there?
Contributor

I esculated the problem about ABC shows not updating yesterday

per Comcast - it is up to the customer to call ABC

we are paying Comcast".

the other cable companies are all getting the updates."

comcast also said they really do not read forums

just for the customer to voice concerns

ABC says this is the cable company

Uverse is getting updates and updating

comcast is not

i am very unhappy customer... I will try my best to get away from this cable company this week

New Poster

I just called Comcast. They of course had to check my boxes first even though I told them THEY had a problem with their ABC updates. She assured me that someone would look into it if someone else called with the same problem. So I had her switch me to the "advanced " tech team. This guy again ran all the checks on my cable boxes to find no issues....after 15 min. So he did his own system reload of the channel lineup and found an error with ABC uploading. They are currently now working on the issue and hope to have it resolved in the next 24 hours. Hope so!
New Poster

I couldn't find Designated Survivor episode 6 on my Xfinity app.  It only seems to be available on the ABC app which constantly locks up during commercials and you have to start over.  Does Xfinity read these comments or care?  This is my first post - so many shows, from many different networks are not being updated.  Why?

New Poster

I'm calling!!!

New Poster

Same - infuriating!!

Contributor

It's Tuesday and I noticed programs from Sunday night  11/13 Secrets and Lies, Quantico, Once Upon a Time have been updated with the latest episodes. Monday night 11/14  Dancing with the Stars still no update. Maybe they are making a little progress.

Expert

Missing shows on the list this morning 11/16/16.

Contributor

I noticed this morning some of the shows are starting to appear on demand. Still no new episode for Dancing with the Stars. I was transferred to a technician yesterday and he suggested putting in another ticket for each individual show not listed. Comcast still maintains it is ABC that is not sending the episodes to them. I just find it strange that Direct Tv and Uverse have all the latest episodes though.

New Poster

I called Comcast too. The answer given was its ABC problem. Reading the forum it appears to me that it's a finger pointing game. We owe no money to ABC, we do owe money to Comcast. I'm going to call again and suggest because I'm not getting full on demand service, I might need to adjust proportionately.