Community Forum

90 Day Fiancé: No sound in episode on demand

New Poster

90 Day Fiancé: No sound in episode on demand

Hi,

Help me. My wife and I want to watch 90 Day Fiancé, season 5, episode 18, "Crossing the Line" on demand, but 2 minutes into the episode the sound cuts out and never returns. Any help with this would be great.

Thanks,
Sean
New Poster

Re: 90 Day Fiancé: No sound in episode on demand

I am experiencing the same thing. I literally googled it and found your post. So far I have no resolution either. I just wanted to let you know you're not alone.
New Poster

Same problem here,no solution
New Poster

Me too...same issue.
New Poster

2 Days and still nothing...

This is terrible I’m glad you guys are all with me. Come on Comcast/TLC!
New Poster

Have you contacted Comcast about this? I’m doing it right now!
~RS
New Poster

Did they say anything good?

New Poster

It’s fixed! Enjoy Smiley Happy
~RS
Tags (2)
New Poster

Ok, so since this is the best forum of all the cable companies I've had, I signed up for the community. So the issue is fixed, but it may appear in your guide as a bit different. Basically, under episodes, there will be 3 results,

1. crossing the line
  2. crossing the line part 1
  3. crossing the line part 2

The first one is the original, the other two seem to be an attempted fix by Xfinity and those don't air until 11/24. The first one is now fixed, but you may see where it's supposed to say "watch" there is only the "buy" option. This happened 2 days ago and there was only a $1.99 option from Discovery Channel to be able to watch it. Now, however, if you click on "buy" you will get a menu that shows "Free SD or HD (if you have the HD package) and the $1.99 buy option from another channel. Go ahead and click on the free option and you're all set. I'm not sure why they are now hiding it under "buy" though. 

Also, if you started watching on your phone when you noticed the issue and tried to watch it on the TV and got the "you cannot watch because you aren't subscribed to HD" message, it's because the phone app plays in HD sometimes. You'll have to mark the episode as "unwatched" or "watched" to reset it and be able to access it. Hope this helps. 

New Poster

No sound either😢
New Poster

2 days later? Same thing on this weeks new episode too.
New Poster

Same thing here.im going to contact comcast.
New Poster

New Episode...aired on 12/3/2017...again starts with sound..and then sound goes out.... Come on, Xfinity..fix it....or should i just buy the ones that are available to buy..and get credit back from you?

New Poster

OMG. I spent an HOUR on the phone with Xfinity last night because this saaaame thing happened to me on this episode AND on last week's Sister Wives. They said they hadn't had any previous reportings of any issues with TLC on demand but OBVIOUSLY IT'S AN ISSUE. They couldn't give me any helpful info and I was infuriated. They finally said it was an 'individual network issue' but still wouldn't say they'd heard about TLC, they said people reported issues with ESPN. But I mean, they kept me on the phone for an hour just to tell me that. Idiots. I cannot wait to cut my cable.

New Poster

I experience the same issues, but if you use your computer and go to the Network's website, it works great.  We watch as much as we can on on-demand, then switch to the PC to finish when the audio cuts out.    The problem with the TLC or Discovery on-demand,  you can end up watching 21 commercials just trying to fast forward to where you left off with On-demand.   Comcast has a huge hole in their data links with these networks that needs patching.  Their software should be able to error check the audio track and cofirm it's complete prior to posting.