Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

xr2 Xfinity remote will turn Sony Bravia TV off, but will not turn it ON

Frequent Visitor

xr2 Xfinity remote will turn Sony Bravia TV off, but will not turn it ON

I can program the XR2 Xfinity remote to turn my Sony Bravia HDTV OFF and will not control Volume, but it will not turn it ON.  Anyone able to figure this out.  My old silver remote with defective DVR at least controlled the TV and Volume.

Accepted Solutions
New Poster

Re: xr2 Xfinity remote will turn Sony Bravia TV off, but will not turn it ON

I fix my xr2 tv with code frame  xr5

Type in the 4-digit or 5-digit code listed below using the number buttons. Additional codes may be found in the remote manual.
Most likely code

All Replies
Expert

gpeter1202 wrote:

I can program the XR2 Xfinity remote to turn my Sony Bravia HDTV OFF and will not control Volume, but it will not turn it ON.  Anyone able to figure this out.  My old silver remote with defective DVR at least controlled the TV and Volume.

Please try ALL of the codes listed using this online app:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes

Frequent Visitor

Thanks.  I tried all 11 codes.   4 of them worked to turn TV OFF.  But, none worked to turn TV ON or control VOLUME.

My Sony Bravia TV is a great set with great HD, so I don't think it is my TV because it worked fine with the DVR I just replaced with the silver remote....so it has to be something with the replacement DVR or the Remote or with Comcast/XFinity technology.

Anyone got any good ideas?

Problem Solver

Have you cleaned off the sensor on your television? Are you aiming the remote at the sensor on the television?

If the remote can turn "off" the television it should also work to turn it "on".

Frequent Visitor

Thanks.  Where is the Sensor on the TV?   If it turns the TV off, that must mean the remote is hitting the sensor, doesn't it?   The remote will not turn the TV On or control VOLUME.  I will try cleaning off the screen though and see if that works.

Problem Solver

They are normally just below the television screen facing forward. Maybe towards right of center. You should be able to spot it. If it is dirty it can pick uip fauly code numbers.

Frequent Visitor

I will try it.  I think there is a technology issue with either the DVR box or the remote.  

New Poster

I have tried all codes, cleaned the ir receptor, and xr2 will only turn off Sony tv. Will not turn on or adjut volume. Other universal remotes work. Why doesn't the Comcast xr2?

New Poster

Type in the 4-digit or 5-digit code listed below using the number buttons. Additional codes may be found in the remote manual.
Most likely code

New Poster

This code

Zeko123 wrote:

Most likely code

I was having the same issue with my Sony Bravia.  This code (10810) worked great for me also.  

Thank You!!!

New Poster

I am having the same issue on my Sony Bravia TV. Will try code 10810

Thanks.

New Poster

Code 10810 is working!!!! My Sony Bravia TV can read only 10810.  I tried other code numbers from Xfinity and none of them is working.

New Poster

Yeah!  The code 10810 as suggested works on my Sony Bravia as well.  Thanks!

New Poster

Wow, after trying so many things numerous times, the code 10810 worked! Thanks so much. How the heck did you figure that out?

New Poster

After all the codes entered over and over, a code not on the list, 10810, works.  Thanks for ending much frustration.