Community Forum

switched to new tivo, cable card won't repair

Frequent Visitor

switched to new tivo, cable card won't repair

I just replaced my tivo and cannot get my cable card to re pair.  I was on the phone with comcast for over 3 hours today as Tivo told me I was missing an Auth field.  No one at comcast could help and your cable card support line at 1-877-405-2298 appears to not work anymore and just re routes me to the main call center.  someone please help!

New Poster

Re: switched to new tivo, cable card won't repair

Same issue for me. Spent 4 hours on the phone, tried 3 cards, no resolution.
Frequent Visitor

can anyone help?

Frequent Visitor

Can someone from Comcast let me know how to contact the cable card department? The old number at 1-877-405-2298 does not work anymore.
Frequent Visitor

I now have scheduled my 5th appointment for a technician to come in over the last two weeks, no one can figure out exactly what is going on. Isn't there anyone at Comcast that knows something about cable cards?
Official Employee

@JDubby

I can help get this resolved. Can you send me a message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message? In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the name of the account holder if it's different than yours. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!