Community Forum

suddenly spanish

Contributor

suddenly spanish

This may help someone. My DVR channels changed from English to Spanish for no apparent reason. This happened a couple of times before and I had to call customer service to get it switched back. When this happened again, I remembered that I had recently mistakenly pressed a green button my Logictech universal remote but didn’t think anything of it because I had not programmed that colored button for any function. I retrieved my original Xfinity XR11 remote and sure enough the D button switches the language. It’s not documented anywhere to do this. In fact Xfinity support says this about the D button:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote

D: Use the D button to delete a single DVR recording or multiple recordings within a folder. These instructions on deleting a recording from X1 provide more details.

I’m glad I discovered that this was not happening spontaneously, just punched the wrong unassigned green button. What next?

Regular Visitor

Re: suddenly spanish

I encountered what might be a similar issue. I have recordings set up for two sports teams where all HD games are set to record. The system previously recorded all English and Spanish broadcasts (if there was a Spanish broadcast available) which was mildly annoying but manageable as I’m only interested in the English language broadcasts.

However, in the past few days, only the Spanish language broadcasts are recording. I’ve deleted the series recording and set it up again but when viewing upcoming, again only the Spanish broadcasts are queued.

I tried pushing the D button on my XR15 but it didn’t seem to do anything to fix the issue. Maybe I’m pushing it on the wrong screen?

Has anyone else encountered this issue? If so, how did they fix it?
Official Employee

home_bru, are english versions of the game actually broadcasting? Are you able to manually locate the channel and record it that way rather than a general search? 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Hi Ken - yes, English broadcasts are available. For example, I have Golden State Warriors set up to record all live HD broadcasts. I noticed the issue when I went back to watch a basketball game and only the ESPN Deportes broadcast was recorded. I checked and only future ESPN Deportes broadcasts are set to record despite the games also being on ABC HD. I can manually set the ABC games to record, but the whole idea of setting up all games for a team to record is that I can set it and forget it without having to remember to go in and record each game individually.
Official Employee

Ok and since you have deleted the series recording and set it up again, has an English broadcasts happen to record on your end yet? Even though when you viewed upcoming it only had Spanish. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Yes. After canceling and resetting up only the Spanish language broadcast recorded despite there also being an English language broadcast (which was not listed as scheduled to record).
Official Employee

Ok, I am not able to duplicate this on my end, so I will further troubleshoot on your account. Can you please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message".

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue as home_bru. It looks like the TV is recording whatever programming is listed first in the search and ignoring other broadcasts of the same game. I first noticed it June 1st, and now all of the WWC and Gold Cup games I have set up are recording on the Spanish channels but not the English ones. It's happening for any sports team where the broadcast is on both English and Spanish channels, and where the Spanish language channel is a lower number and shows up first in the search for the sports teams games (which is all HD channels in my area).
Official Employee

@loginimpaired, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I'm sorry that you are also experiencing this recording concern and I would be more than happy to assist. Since I am not able to duplicate this on my end, I would need to gather as much information as possible and get it forwarded over to the correct team. Can you also please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message".

Regular Visitor

@ComcastAmira, I don't have the option to private message you, and I don't have the messaging icon available to me either. Is there something I need to do to make it available to use?

Thanks!

Official Employee

Hello @loginimpaired, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! Can you please make sure you have the most recent flash update on your device and try again? Please let me know if you are still unable to send me a private message after doing so. Thanks!

Official Employee

@loginimpaired, I'm delighted I was able to assist you with getting this corrected. Please be sure to reach out to us for any future issues or concerns, we're here to help! Thanks and we appreciate your choosing Comcast as your provider. 

Official Employee

@loginimpaired, I'm delighted I was able to get this recording issue resolved for you! Please be sure to reach out to us for any future issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thanks and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast.