Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

rename devices (cable boxes)

New Poster

rename devices (cable boxes)

I want to rename my Xfinity devices (cable boxes) for the specific rooms they are located in within my home.  Can anyone advise as to how to do this online?  Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: rename devices (cable boxes)

goodvibe8000 wrote:

The Rename option does not show up on "My Account" app on my iphone. It only shows Troubleshoot, Common Problems & Solutions, Setup a remote, plus Device info. The app's version is 1.28.0.12800026.

Check for an updated version of the app.

All Replies
New Poster

I find the easiest method is by using the app "xfinity my account" downloadable to your phone.  Click the menu icon at upper left corner, then TV, you'll see the listing of all of your cable boxes.  There you can rename any device.  It takes 30 seconds to accomplish this via the app.

Frequent Visitor

This does not work for DTA devices, I used to be able to name them.

New Poster

You sure can. See pics.
SmartSelectImage_2017-10-09-05-31-53.png
New Poster

Pic 2
SmartSelectImage_2017-10-09-05-31-32.png
New Poster

Pic 3
SmartSelectImage_2017-10-09-05-32-05.png
New Poster

The Rename option does not show up on "My Account" app on my iphone. It only shows Troubleshoot, Common Problems & Solutions, Setup a remote, plus Device info. The app's version is 1.28.0.12800026.

New Poster

Mine is 1.28.0.18. I made the name changes to my devices in August when my kids went back to college and I rearranged their TVs. I wonder if it could be by region, but I doubt it.
Capture+_2017-10-14-14-27-35.png
Expert

goodvibe8000 wrote:

Check for an updated version of the app.

New Poster

That worked!!!!! Thanks!