Community Forum

remote code for vizio soundbar VSB200

New Poster

Re: remote code for vizio soundbar VSB200

was superthis was super helpful! Thank you so much.
New Poster

Yup those steps worked. Thanks a lot
New Poster

Hi. Thank u so very much for your help! I just followed your instructions for programming my Xfinity/Comcast remote to control my Vizio sound bar and SUCCESS!!! I'm not sure that my sound bar is the model # u listed - mine's the one w 5.1 surround, wireless subwoofer, and 2 rear speakers - but thankfully your instructions worked!!!
I couldn't be happier!!! I want to be the master over all my electronics and if something can possibly be done I want to do it! I just want everything to work as it should!
I first didn't follow your instructions precisely and failed but tried again - this time paying attention to follow every detail EXACTLY! And waa-lah! Success! That's what I'm talking about! The only thing different for me from your instructions was that I did NOT get the auxiliary light flashing red twice after I entered every code. Even though I didn't get the flashing red light I still went on and followed your plan EXACTLY and - VICTORY! Triumph! Hooray and thank you again for helping me conquer another electronics device! Now I don't have to go digging through my remote box every time I want to turn on or off my sound system/speakers! SOoooo much more convenient! I'm sure I will use my sound bar / speaker system a whole lot more now!!!!
New Poster

thanks so much! taking the time to find this info and post it here, you sir are what makes the internet great!

New Poster

This also works with the Vizio 2.1 Sound Stand - model S2121w-D0

New Poster

2011 INFORMATION STILL PERTINENT IN 2015......  GREAT JOB, AND THANK YOU!!!!!  YOU JUST SAVED ME A FEW $ BY NOT HAVING TO REPLACE A SAT-ON REMOTE.  I COULDN'T BE MORE GRATEFUL, I'LL PAY IT FORWARD, AS I HOPE SOMEONE, SOMEHOW DOES FOR YOU.  THANKS AGAIN!

REGARDS,

JON

New Poster

As anyone gotten this working for Vizio SB3820w-c0? I have tried the codes on both the light grey and dark grey remotes with red select buttons, and nothing is working. 

New Poster

This is great! Worked amazingly well with my VIZIO SB2920-C6.

You're awesome!

New Poster

BUMP was them being nice and keeping the thread active/new so someone could answer!

Regular Contributor

On X1 the 992 method works for this sound bar. Turn on sound bar. On remote Hold setup until it blinks, press channel up until the sound bar shuts off, then press setup.

New Poster

This worked great for the old remote.  I just upgraded to the new remote, and of course, it's different and the codes provided by Comcast don't work.  Has anyone figured out how to program the new remote to the Vizio Soundbar?

Regular Visitor

Codes are available for the X1 system but only using the model XR5 remote or the voice activated remote
Regular Contributor

Search for the 992 method of setting it up. It worked for mine.  I can't remember process off the top of my head. Something close to, press setup until double flash put in 992, then hit channel up until it turns off. When it turns off hit setup again.

New Poster

works great.  thanks

Regular Visitor

If you have the xfinity x1 platform you have to upgrade your remote to a xr 5 or 11. the xr2 is not a universal remote.  I tried for two days using every visio code for sound bars I could find.  Nothing worked so I called Comcast and that was the information they gave me. I upgraded (free of charge)

and programmed it instantly