Community Forum

recordings deleted by xfinity

Regular Visitor

recordings deleted by xfinity

Several times in the last couple months I have had recordings on my xfinity dvr vanish without a trace. These lost recordings included over 20 classic NFL games that were one time broacasts and so cannot be re-recorded, as well as Nova programs and several others that I don't have space to list here. Comcast has had me on the phone for hours numerous times and I have been hung up on after waits of well over 30 minutes, and still recordings continue to vanish. I am offered "special promotions", but to get them I have to extend my contract fro 2 years. All I want ius the programs I have recorded to be available for me to actually watch. The phone customer service folks seem to be more focussed on signing me up for new contracts than addressing my issues. Has anyone else had recordings vanish without being deleted by the user?

Regular Visitor

Re: DVR recordings disappeared

Several times in the last couple months I have had recordings on my xfinity dvr vanish without a trace. These lost recordings included over 20 classic NFL games that were one time broacasts and so cannot be re-recorded, as well as Nova programs and several others that I don't have space to list here. Comcast has had me on the phone for hours numerous times and I have been hung up on after waits of well over 30 minutes, and still recordings continue to vanish. I am offered "special promotions", but to get them I have to extend my contract fro 2 years. All I want ius the programs I have recorded to be available for me to actually watch. The phone customer service folks seem to be more focussed on signing me up for new contracts than addressing my issues. Now, after reading some other comments I realize that I am not alone in losing valued recordings and that basically Comcast says "too bad". Of course , it is made to appear that something is being dome, but after looking at these comment, which go back over 5 years, I can see it has just not been fixed. Some customer service huh?

Official Employee

Re: recordings deleted by xfinity

mead_ray2611, thanks for posting about your experience and your missing recordings. I know how it feels to have a problem and instead of having it addressed, being upsold. I get your frustrations. Let's take a look at those recordings, see if we can find them and figure out why they were deleted. From there, we can fix the problem so this doesn't happen in the future. 

Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name (ComcastKenF) and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send a private message on the right. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Yes.  Also too many to list. I also spent months PMing over it through here, as well as some time on the phone, trying to recover them with zero progress. They eventually sent someone to our house who had no idea what was happening, which resulted in a new box, after which we were told we could not recover our vanished recordings because...we had a new box. So basically I pay $30/month for DVR-For-All throughout my house, with no guarantee that anything anyone records will even be saved long enough for us to watch. There are a couple of threads on here about it - it's happened to a lot of people. My dude thinks they got hacked and don't want to admit it.  If I sound bitter, it's because I am. You have exhausted me, ComcastKen!

Official Employee

Hi salad3, 

Thank you for posting t the Xfinity Forums. This has happened to me as well. We haven't been hacked, however, I would like to help by taking a look at the recordings to see if I can find a cause. Can you please verify your first and last name in a private message? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I don't see any option for a private reply, sorry.  I just spent another hour on the phone with comcast because the advanced tech that called me yesterday just closed the ticket without ever speaking to me. That's multiple hours spent on the phone, mainly to lower level techs asking the same questions repeatedly and me spending time just waiting while they write everything down for the umpteenth time and doing everything possible to delay sending the call to the next level. My time to them is absolutely worthless and getting a straight answer is virually impossible. Comcast knows they have no competition and have no qualms about deferring someone multiple times to make it appear they care. Doesn't really seem to matter that the problem is not fixed. In reading through some of the postings on the forum I can see I am by no means alone in this issue. I would really like to know who is responsible for writing the algorithm that does the deletions at random, they're prettyn good. Makes people call in and be susceptible to upselling.

Official Employee

mead_ray2611, we got your private message and I will follow up with you shortly. 

Ken

New Poster

I have a similar problem. Recordings don't ever appear on the DVR. But for some reason, I can see them and play them using the Xfinity Mobile app.

I have tried to set up a phone consultation four times but Comcast never calls. I get the "estimated wait time 0 minutes" message but don't ever get a call. Then I tried to schedule a call an hour in the future. Still no call.