Community Forum

power cord for cable box

New Poster

power cord for cable box

I called in after going through pushing this button and that button,  I finally got ahold of someone..Told the girl I need a new power cord for my cable box...She said there would be  $35.00 charge to get one..Same thing happened to cable box in another room and after waiting 3 days a gentleman came and checked out problem,and gave me a new power cord..Now they want to charge for one...I tried calling last night,and after holding on for 15 min.I got disconnected..They had my phone number and wouldnt call me back..They sure do when they want feedback! Needless to say, I am feed up with comcast,and will be dropping them as I am looking foe a new provider...

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: power cord for cable box

You received wrong information, most of the time getting a power cord is not an option, you have the choice of taking the cable box, remote and power cord to the local office for a swap.  The CSR should have offered to send out a tech or ship you a new box for no charge.  No charge for any equipment failures.

The Comcast team available to the forum has been notified and will followup, expect a response here in a day or two.  They will get you fixed up.

Highlighted
Admin1

Hi speedy16,

Jay is correct on this. Only way to get just a power cable is to take your bad one to a cable store and exchange it. There aren't any that are convenient for you to get to so the next options would be to either ship you one or have a tech come out to replace it. Let me know if you would like to do either of those. Also, please provide the Serial # of the box you need replaced so we can get the right equipment to you.

Thank You 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thank you very much for your reply....I talked to another person at comcast and they set me up an appointment,which i had to wait several days for someone to come...In the meantime i came across one at a yard sale someone did not use anymore, exactly what I needed so I am all fixed up....Thanks again...( By the way, I did cancel my appt. then)