Community Forum

pixelation and wireless connection issues

Frequent Visitor

pixelation and wireless connection issues

We are having pixelation issues with our Xfinity Comcast cable. It happens randomly. Sometimes it happens on a daily basis. It happens on regular channels, on demand hd, on demand regular. It is very frustrating and I am too busy to deal with this sort of non-sense. Also I am still constantly having to reboot the internet router. 

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: pixelation and wireless connection issues

That indicates a poor RF signal to the boxes, and if your internet is also affected, most likely an outside issue.

Best to contact Comcast support, they can troubleshoot, see the RF signals your boxes are getting, see the history of your modem and most likely send out a tech to get it fixed.  1-800-266-2278

See this sticky on pixelation issues.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/Pixelation-video-and-audio-dropouts-One-Moment-...

Check that all your coax connectors are snug at the back of the box, the TV outlet and all accessable splitters.

Frequent Visitor

they reset the box every time I try to watch ondemand and they have been out several times already. Noone can seem to fix it. We work out of the house and resetting the modem 5 times a day or more is annoying as well as spending half an hour on the phone and half an hour for ressetting the cable box. At wits end. Getting a new computer and thinking of switching to verizon at the same time.

Diamond Problem Solver

What happened when you called Comcast support?  Did they offer to send out a tech to troubleshoot?

Frequent Visitor

been out many times. restarted cable box many times

Diamond Problem Solver

The Comcast team available to the forum has been notified, expect a response here.

Official Employee

Hi smccarthy91, I would want to request a SR tech back out and find the underlying issues. I will send you a private message to further assist.

Thank you

Official Employee
Moved:

Regular Visitor

I am so sick of dealing with pixelation! It is ridiculous to pay what I pay every month only to have to deal with this! It is also affecting my internet. They come out, change this or that, everyone that comes out has a different reason as to why its happening. I am ready to cut the cord! Checking into other options now.

Regular Contributor

We kmya I truly apologize for this issue. We definitely don't want you to experience problems with your video service. Do you know if the cable to your box is connected to a splitter? Have you tried unplugging the power and the coaxial cables for at least 2 minutes to see if it helps? I have a number of other troubleshooting steps I can go over with you, some have to be completed on my end. For all of this I would need you to send me a PM verifying your account. All I need is two of the following Account Name, Account Number, Phone Number, or Service Address. With this we can troubleshoot your connection. Please message me as soon as possible and again I apologize for the experience thus far.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon