Community Forum

on 4/4/19 my DVR automatically deleted all movies that I had recorded from my DVR

New Poster

on 4/4/19 my DVR automatically deleted all movies that I had recorded from my DVR

in the early morning of 4/4/19 my DVR automatically deleted all of my movies that I had saved on the DVR.  Talked to tech support, and checked a bunch of things, sync dvr, restarting etc, but they are gone for good.  Anyone else have this issue, or can someone tell me why this happened?  

New Poster

Re: on 4/4/19 my DVR automatically deleted all movies that I had recorded from my DVR

I just had same issue. Between 11 pm last night and 9 am this am on April 11, most of my recordings disappeared. I think there was a comcast update. Yesterday my DVR showed  84% full, this am 3% fill.  I wasted 90 min with Comcast technical support who acted like they've never heard of this before. One rep insisted it was because they only save 60 hrs of recording, and I was at my limit. The next rep said their system showed I was at 99+% capacity now altho' my DVR showed only 3% full - had me reboot it different ways, and resync it, nothing helped.  The couldn't figure it out. Sending out technician tomorrow, doubt they'll be able to fix or explain it. Most irritating is they act like they've never had this problem before.

New Poster

Re: on 4/4/19 my DVR automatically deleted all movies that I had recorded from my DVR

Wanted to reach out and see what the outcome was for you on this one.  

Official Employee

Hello @dewskidt, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I'm sorry to hear about the deleted recordings, but I would be more than happy to further look into what may have happened. In order to do so, can you please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

@dewskidt, I never received a private message from you or heard back from you on here, so I will be locking this thread. Please send me a private message if you still need assistance with this DVR deletion concern. Please create a new Public post for any new issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thanks and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!