Community Forum

need to exchange cable box for new one

New Poster

need to exchange cable box for new one

How do i exchange one of my cable boxes for a new one because it isnt working anymore?

Official Employee

Re: need to exchange cable box for new one

kfab73 -- You can exchange your box at you local XFINITY store. Or, we can send you one if you would like. I would be happy to assist you with this going forward. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

DCT700 M90706FZGQ46
New Poster

Cable box stopped working need to exchange
Box# Dct700 M90706FZGQ46
Expert

Do you have a Comcast service center near your home?

If so, just take the box and remote in to exchange "free" for a new one.

Otherwise; call the Comcast number to get help with changing the cable-box: 1-800-XFINITY.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@Poppadill wrote:
Cable box stopped working need to exchange
Box# Dct700 M90706FZGQ46

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above.

This could be a hardware issue (an issue with the individual cable box itself) or a local signal issue (more likely). 

Check to be sure that all of your cable connections are snug.

Box swaps, box refreshes and multiple box refreshes may not resolve this issue if there is an underlying local signal issue.

Give us a call at 1-800-COMCAST and we can start the troubleshooting process and get this resolved. Insist on a technician visit so that the signal levels can be reviewed and adjusted if necessary. There is no charge if the issue is determined to be with our equipment or originating outside your home.

Thanks for your patience.

If the above does not work. you can also bring the box to either of the locations listed below to exchange: 

3903 Aramingo Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19137
HOURS
Mon - Sat: 9:00am - 8:00pm
Sun: 11:00am - 5:00pm

1351 South Columbus Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19147
HOURS
Mon - Sat: 9:00am - 8:00pm
Sun: 10:00am - 6:00pm

Box swaps, box refreshes and multiple box refreshes may not resolve this issue if there is an underlying local signal issue.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I have the one they gave me at Comcast, I can't get it to work, I am not that good at it.

New Poster

• I am  talking about replacing the one that was being used and then replacing it with the new one that they provided me with.  I am unable to connect correctly and get it to work.
Expert

@tblobos wrote:

I have the one they gave me at Comcast, I can't get it to work, I am not that good at it.

Have you called 1-800-XFINITY for help with your box yet? It is possible the replacement box you just got is also bad. I happened to me and another friend over two years ago. I just exchanged the box from that time just last week with no problems this time around.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, tblobos! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums.

You can either replace the cable box at your nearest Xfinity service center, or you can send me a Private Message with your full name and I can have one shipped out to you. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".