Community Forum

insignia TV setup

New Poster

insignia TV setup

Iinsignia smart tv.  got new Comcast box - XiD DTA - HD.  programmed o.k., but when power up, screen shows all the apps, but when I choose one and push the o.k. button, nothing happens and I have to use the TV remote to access full screen.

Official Employee

Re: insignia TV setup

@BobCow1 wrote:

Iinsignia smart tv.  got new Comcast box - XiD DTA - HD.  programmed o.k., but when power up, screen shows all the apps, but when I choose one and push the o.k. button, nothing happens and I have to use the TV remote to access full screen.

Your Comcast remote isn't a true universal remote, you will still need your TV remote to access your tv functions.

New Poster

Re: insignia TV setup

I have an Insignia 39" LED TV 4K UHD TV with ROKU I bought about 2 months ago. I use the Xfinity Remote for on/ off, volume and chanels. I can turn it on / off from the remote.

I just bought an Insignia 43" Class - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K UHD TV with HDR Roku TV

I followed the setup directions and can control chanels, volume and voice instructions BUT I cannot power on/off!!!  I used the first code for Insignia tha came up....could try a bunch more BUT maybe Comcast person knows the correct code?