Community Forum

how to change HD box from 720p to 1080.

New Poster

how to change HD box from 720p to 1080.

I have a 1080p HD TV.  Recently changed from a older HD/DVD cable box to a newer Cisco HD/DVD cable lbox.  My older  box supported the 1080p,( at least it showed 1080p on the HDMI start up screen. The new cable box is set on 720p and I cannot find in my instructions how to change the new box to 1080p.  Any printed instructions would be appreciated.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: how to change HD box from 720p to 1080.

Google the model number of the box for complete instructions on setting the resolution.

Official Employee

@wb7 wrote:

I have a 1080p HD TV.  Recently changed from a older HD/DVD cable box to a newer Cisco HD/DVD cable lbox.  My older  box supported the 1080p,( at least it showed 1080p on the HDMI start up screen. The new cable box is set on 720p and I cannot find in my instructions how to change the new box to 1080p.  Any printed instructions would be appreciated.

Looks like you have a Cisco RNG 200N DVR, the below should assist:

1. Turn off the set-top box
2. Press GUIDE on the remote or on the front panel of the set-top box. Simultaneously press Channel Up and Channel Down.
3. Scroll to TV TYPE and choose the appropriate setting for the TV: 4:3 Letterbox, 4:3 PAN/SCAN or 16:9 widescreen
4. Scroll to HDMI/YPbPr OUTPUT and change it to either 480p std, 480i std, Pass Thru or 1080i
5. Scroll to 4:3 OVERRIDE and select 480p

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Turn off cable box but leave TV on. On remote press Guide  button and a menu will come up where you can change to 1080i. 

Expert

Topic now Closed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!