Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

hdhomerun prime cable card scan error.

New Poster

hdhomerun prime cable card scan error.

Hi, I'm encountering error scan issue on my hdhomerun prime scan channels. It gives me an error and prompted me to calll xfinity customer service to activate cablecard. I called customer service several times to let them pair my cablecard and they informed me that it was paired already.

On the other hand this hdhomerun setup has been working flawlessly until it was changed on a different account and installed a new cablecard.

Note: I was able to do the activation pairing online which I found one of the threads. It looks like the customer service agents didn't include the Host ID numbers and the Data numbers which is not printed on the cablecard. I don't know if the customer service agents can pull the ID and and Data numbers on their end. This numbers can be pulled up on the hdhomerun setup cable card menu. After I included the said numbers I was able to scan the channels. I hope this would help with other cablecard users.

cable card.PNG
Scan error.PNG
Official Employee

Re: hdhomerun prime cable card.

Hi Mikeoling, I will gladly review your card/host information on my side with you,  please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number). 

Thank you