Community Forum

dir

New Poster

dir

we changed modems and after hook up we got this message on our 2nd cable box when we tried to watch something saved on our dvr: 

THIS SERVICE IS UNAVAILABLE

-Make sure the DVR feature is working properly on your main cable box.

-Check the connections on both cable boxes.

I have checked connecting cables and they are fine. How do I make sure the "DVR feature is working properly on my main cable box." By the way we made no changes to either cable box and the DVR feature is working fine on the main cable box. It is just not working on the second box.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: dir

@steve19471 wrote:

we changed modems and after hook up we got this message on our 2nd cable box when we tried to watch something saved on our dvr: 

THIS SERVICE IS UNAVAILABLE

-Make sure the DVR feature is working properly on your main cable box.

-Check the connections on both cable boxes.

I have checked connecting cables and they are fine. How do I make sure the "DVR feature is working properly on my main cable box." By the way we made no changes to either cable box and the DVR feature is working fine on the main cable box. It is just not working on the second box.

If the service was working before the modem change-out, ensure the MOCA feature on the modem is ON.  Additionally, pull power from all cable boxes, power up the DVR first until it is online.  Then power up the secondary boxes until they are online.  Try again to see if the viewing is now available.