Community Forum

connecting my laptop via HDMI cable

New Poster

connecting my laptop via HDMI cable

The comcast tech left a hdmi cable attached and said that all I had to do was attach to my laptop. to watch netflex. I connected the cable to my laptop. but nothing happens. need help?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: connecting my laptop via HDMI cable

HDMI cable is for Video and audio.   Netflix is internet streaming you need to connect the laptop either wirelessly or to the router with an ethernet cable.

You won't get netflix on an HDMI cable

New Poster

how can i connect my laptop to my tv

I am trying to connect my laptop to my tv so I can watch Netflex movies.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: how can i connect my laptop to my tv

bca13 wrote:

I am trying to connect my laptop to my tv so I can watch Netflex movies.

Check your laptop to see if you have an HDMI, Display Port, DVI or VGA output....

You may need some an adaptor cable depending on your laptop...

I have a server conencted to my TV but I have the corerect video card to do this with...

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Admin1

Hi bca13,

As kheffington said, Netflix is a service you can stream over the Internet. By using your laptop, the service would come in on the laptop only. 

What the HDMI connection to the TV allows you to do is use your TV screen as a Duplicate Image of your laptop, an Extended screen, or as your Main screen. 

The picture and audio you get from the laptop can then be transferred to the TV so that you can watch/listen to it there instead of your laptop. 

Valued Contributor

Did you use the TV remote to change the input selected?

Is the laptop turned on?

Silver Problem Solver

I'll ask this way. Have you ever watched Netflix on your laptop?

New Poster

ever used roku?

Official Employee

3 year old thread closed