Community Forum

comcast remote code for samsung hw-f355 soundbar

New Poster

comcast remote code for samsung hw-f355 soundbar

I am trying to program the 'AUX' button on a Comcast silver remote with a red 'OK' button to control a Samsung HW-F355 soundbar.  I cannot find a working code.  Is it possible to do this?

Problem Solver

Re: comcast remote code for samsung hw-f355 soundbar

Here is the link for how to program your remote:

http://customer.comcast.com/remotes/

If your device is not listed, try some Samsung codes.  If tou look in the manual for the soundbar, it sometimes may tell you what code to use.  If none of these work, follow the instructions for searching for a device code.

New Poster

Thank you for the quick response.

New Poster

I have a Samsung HW-E450 and I used code 32609, which I found in another thread (http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/Code-for-Samsung-Sound-Bar/td-p/989411 ). 

I had to, however, get a new remote.  (Read this to learn how to check your remote code http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14614 .)  When I first tried programming the new remote to my cable box, I had to unlock the cable code already entered into it.  (Read this to learn how to unlock a code in your remote http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/remote-not-working-cable-box/td-p/1441411 ).

Before trying any of that, I first tried the online chat feature for Comcast, and the person on the other end gave me some other codes to try, but she never suggested that I needed a new remote, nor did she suggest the 32609 numberShe was very pleasant; however, the larger issue is that the newer equipment isn't on the code lists that come with the remotes and haven't been updated to the online manual since 2011.

At any rate, I can now control my sound bar volume through my TV using Anynet+, which will turn off the soundbar but not turn it offWith the sound bar now programmed into the Xfinity universal remote, I can turn on the sound bar, turn on the tv, and then control everything from there!

I hope that this helps.

New Poster

Sorry, I meant that my Anytime+ will turn off my sound bar but not turn it OFF.

New Poster

Stupid autocorrect....not turn it ON.

New Poster

I am using the Samsung HW-H550 sound bar using the optical output from my TV. I used the 32609 code with the Xfinity DVR remote as AUX and it works perfectly. Sound bar turns on and off with the Hitachi TV and cable box with the All On button.
Tags (1)
New Poster

I am having problems with my HW-550.  I cant get my xfinity xr remote to turn on and off with my tv my soundbar.........HELPPPP???????????????????????????????

New Poster

works with hw450 ...A+++ thanks

New Poster

The answer in the thread is great - thanks (that's my model #, should work).   FYI, trying to use Xfinity chat for this kind of question is totally useless - they're not support folks and haven't a clue what you're asking.  The poor person chatting with me was trying to match her Comcast-provided script to my question and didn't even realize remotes COULD be programmed to recognize sound bars.   Shame, it was a lot easier when they just published an ongoing list, gave you a few #'s to try and you often found the right one by trial and error.

New Poster

Worked GREAT!! Thanks alot for the directions!!

@

New Poster

Hi. I just purchased a Samsung Soundbar, HW-J355 and hooking it to a Samsung 55inch Smart LED TV, 6200 series.  I too am a Comcast subscriber and trying to get my sound bar configured with my Comcast DVR.  I am looking for updated remote console programming codes.  From your previous correspondence I was hoping you could provide assistance on how I can locate codes. Please let me know at your convenience.

Thanks,

Mike

New Poster

To get a Samsung soundbar to work with a Comcast remote hook up the HDMI cable to the “ARC” HDMI from the tv to the Soundbar. Then set up the code for for your TV NOT the Soundbar. This will enable the Xfinity remote to control the volume on the soundbar

Example: I had a Panasonic tv bought a Samsung Soundbar Connected the soundbar to the tv using the arc hdmi from soundbar to tv then pressed “A” on my X1 remote. Go to remote setup and follow the instructions for TV SETUP ignoring the “auto device setup” basically ARC hdmi makes your soundbar part of the TV therefore requiring you to setup a “new tv” for the X1 remote to control the volume.