Community Forum

cisco RNG200N remote control code?

New Poster

cisco RNG200N remote control code?

I had set a clear code on the remote because something was double mapped. In doing so I also wiped out cable modem code. I cannot find the remote code for this rounter anywhere.

Does anyone know the code. I am using the platinum remote with the red OK button and white letters "xfinity" and the bottom of the remote.

Thanks much

Bob

Gold Problem Solver

Re: cisco RNG200N remote control code?

Under "Setup Codes For Cable Boxes", the instruction sheet lists these:

Comcast: 01982
    Motorola 01376, 00476, 00810, 00276, 01187, 01254
    Scientific Atlanta 01877, 00877, 00477, 00008

Try the Comcast and SA codes first.

Please let us know if one of these work.

New Poster

I tried all of those on a Sony RM-vz320 remote and none worked.  I tried them on the Cbl button. I tried the Comcast number on the DVR button just for a test, and that didn't work either.

New Poster

I would also be OK using the xfinity remote for my surround system, since I already have it set for both TV and cable box. Assuming I have the code (it's a Sony), what are the basic instructions for setting the Aux button on that remote?

Gold Problem Solver

Rhofius wrote: ... what are the basic instructions for setting the Aux button on that remote?

The are several "Xfinity" remotes. You can find the instruction sheets for them at http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/HelpNFC.aspx?print=false&id=remotes&fss=remote%20control%20program....

New Poster

Thanks. That is what I needed.

New Poster

Doesn't anyone have the actual codes for the new cisco RNG200N cable box that can be used with any remote?  There must be established codes the box is new.

Gold Problem Solver

For what remote? Device codes are established by the remote manufacturer, not the device maker.

New Poster

Platinum Dark Silver

Gold Problem Solver

rhartford wrote: Platinum Dark Silver

Were you looking for a cable box code, or some other device? If it was a cable box, the Platinum Dark Silver instruction sheet lists these:

Comcast: 01982
    Motorola: 01376, 00476, 00810, 00276, 01187, 01254
    Pace: 01877, 00237, 00008
    Scientific Atlanta (Cisco): 01877, 00877, 00477, 00008

Please let us know if one of these work.

Highlighted
New Poster

tried all the codes mentioned but nothing happened

Frequent Visitor

01982  worked for my newer remotes(Xfinity on bottom with red OK button) on the Cisco boxes.

None of the codes work on the older remotes that say Comcast on the bottom for the Cisco boxes, but, they still work on the Scientific Atlanta box.

Regular Visitor

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!  For those of us w/ the older Cisco DVR boxes & platinum grey/red OK button; 01982 is the magic number!  What absolutely ticks me off & has steam coming out of my ears is that trying to get help through Comcast tech support garnered nothing other than being talked to as if I was a total dolt.  For example, the tech's directions to me, verbatim were, "the remote is programmed for the cable box.  Press the Cable button at the top of the remote & press the channel up button."  Really dude?  I've had the DVR systems since their initial release for my area (at least 8 years or more) & explained the situation (new remote; platinum grey w/ red OK button, same as the other) not working after rebooting system, switching batteries, blah blah blah, yet all I got after asking/saying "there has got to be a programmable code, which is not listed in the pamphlet" is the redundant & useless reply of "press the Cable button & channel up."  C'mon now.  I made a smarmy reply of "there's got to be a program code, but I guess that info is only made available to the grand high poobahs at Comcast."  Again; thank you thank you thank you!  Squeeeeediddlydee.  My faith in humanity is restored.

New Poster

This is so happening to me for the past 4 days! So frustrating.  I have the silver remote with the red OK button and a Cisco RNG200.  I think I am on my 4th tech person.  Unfortunately the 01982 isn't working. 

Gold Problem Solver

123Tina wrote: ... I have the silver remote with the red OK button and a Cisco RNG200. ...

Did that remote ever work with that box? I was under the impression that the RNG boxes used the Platinum Dark remotes instead of the Silver ones.

New Poster

It appears that you need to set it up as with the AUX button and not the CABLE button.  Most functions are working now with the 01982 code.

Bronze Problem Solver

When I had my RNG200n boxes I used the platinum remote and set them up from here - http://customer.comcast.com/remotes/

New Poster

Tina, the issue you are having with programming the remote is twhen the remotes are shipped out they are usually locked so when you try to re program the remote it will disreguard the action. Ex: the volume lock set to the cable box even though you had hit the tv button to control the volume of the tv. You do not have to waste the AUX botton on using your cable box.  

The Cable device code may be locked on some remotes. To unlock:

1. press the CABLE button.
  2. press and hold the SETUP button until the CABLE button blinks twice.
  3. Enter 9 - 8 - 2. The CABLE key will blink four times.
  4. Then put in the corresponding CABLE code.

Code 982 will unlock your remote from your previous cable box; note that you'll need to do this to reassign the "Cable" device key. Once you find the correct code, repeat steps 1-3 to relock the device code so someone does not accidentally reprogram itself and your remote not working the cable box once again.

Tags (1)
New Poster

2 tries, but it worked

1. press the CABLE button.
  3. Enter 9 - 8 - 2. The CABLE key will blink four times.
  4. Then put in the corresponding CABLE code.

Tried to power off tv - no luck (but I believe that these steps unlocked the remote)

1. Next, I pressed the CABLE button.
  3. I then entered code 01982 and then the power button - and the DVR (Cisco RNG200) turned off.

All buttons now appear to be working like normal.

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

This topic is several years old.

And the steps you list have nothing to do with TV power.