Community Forum

cable tv not working in one room

Frequent Visitor

cable tv not working in one room

My Tv programs do not pick up in one room of my home. I would think it was something in the box but it will eventually come on. Sometimes it takes 24 hours. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: cable tv not working in one room

It might be a bad box, but channels that come and go on just one box while others are OK usually means a bad connection causing a weak or noisy signal. Troubleshoot by checking all connectors and looking for damaged coax cable. Running the cable through a surge protector can cause signal problems as well.

If you can't find the problem, call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast and ask them to send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it. If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, or connections in your home (even if Comcast supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have their Service Protection Plan (http://www.comcast.com/spp/, about $4/mo). If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast cable box/DVR or anything outside, you shouldn't be charged.

Frequent Visitor

Re: cable tv not working in one room

Solution! Re: cable tv not working in one room
Options
‎04-21-2014 10:21 AM

It might be a bad box, but channels that come and go on just one box while others are OK usually means a bad connection causing a weak or noisy signal. Troubleshoot by checking all connectors and looking for damaged coax cable. Running the cable through a surge protector can cause signal problems as well.

If you can't find the problem, call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast and ask them to send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it. If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, or connections in your home (even if Comcast supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have their Service Protection Plan (http://www.comcast.com/spp/, about $4/mo). If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast cable box/DVR or anything outside, you shouldn't be charged.

I was running the box through a surge protector with a router I changed the router to another plug and so far it is working well. Thanks,  I am now a happy camper Smiley Happy