Community Forum

audio description on tv show

New Poster

audio description on tv show

how do i turn off the "voice that describes non-audio events" on a tv show.  this is only happening on the one channel.  i tried close-captioning but there was no item for this which i believe must be a set up for the visually impaired.

Valued Contributor

Re: audio description on tv show

I found info from comcast wow did'nt know they had that thats fantastic! : http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/How-do-I-setup-Descriptive-Video/td-p/1406177

This should guide you to turn it off.

Bronze Problem Solver

Look for a "language" or "second language" option for your Comcast Box and/or TV.  Example on a Comcast DTA remote try pressing the "Lang." button..

Frequent Visitor

THANK YOU!!!  I spent hours with Comcast customer service online and on the phone yesterday and today and they didn't know what I was talking about or how I was to find Lang on the remote.   On Thursday the voice narration showed up on Parenthood and then on Saturday on several OPB programs.  I finally found this!  Sure enough the Spanish audio was selected and I changed it back to English.  Does anyone know how the change happened w/o me doing anything?  It is only on one TV and the same thing happened to my neighbor's TV too - just one TV.