Community Forum

audio cuts out for 1-2 seconds

Frequent Visitor

Re: audio cuts out for 1-2 seconds

This is not a Comcast problem. It's a cable issue. Try running a seperate ground wire between the cable box and your amplifier. Fixed my issues.
New Poster

I, too, have been struggling with the audio/video cutting out for 1-2 seconds for well over a year. I signed up for HDTV as soon as it became available, and hooked up my dvr to a Harman Kardon receiver when I got the hd channels (over four years ago). I did not have any issues the first couple of years. But then about 18 months ago it started, after numerous phone calls, Comcast came to my house about 3 times with no results. Then they gave me a new dvr about January of 2013 and everything settled down and I only experienced the issue 2-10 times in a week when I first turned on the tv. Well about 6 weeks ago the issue came back full bore, 15-40 times each evening, during live and recorded shows. Sometimes the video cuts out with the sound, and sometimes I get pixelation. In between everything is fine. I also have Apple tv and subscribe to Netflix. I have never experienced any issues watching Netflix. My family is urging me to switch to Surewest because my monthly payment to Comcast is over 200.00. So now I have to start this fiasco all over again, have been slow in contacting them.
New Poster

How do I run the ground wire between cable and amp (is that my receiver)?

Frequent Visitor

For the last few months the audio/video have been cutting out on my TV too. I don't get any pixelation, just sound and video cutting out.  I don't have a DVR, I have a small HD box.  It doesn't matter which channel, it happens on all of them.  I have contacted Comcast about this several times, and they haven't been able to fix it. They had me get a new HD box, which I did, and that didn't solve the problem.  A cable guy came out, and he didn't fix the problem.   Supposedly a tech that checks the outside lines has been by to check, and that didn't fix the problem.  I am starting to wonder if maybe my TV is the problem, and not the cable.   I don't want to have to go and buy a new TV, and then find out the TV isn't the problem.  Why Comcast can't fix this, or tell me what the problem is, is very frustrating.  I guess I will have to keep calling unitl they fix the problem.  In the mean time I paying a lot of money for TV or video that doesn't work.  This has, and is casuing me a lot of stress since TV is one of the ways I relax, get enjoyment out of life.  I should get a discount or credit for the last few months of service since that is how long the service has been cutting out, or not working.   

Frequent Visitor

I can't run the cable from the cable outlet directly into my TV, or to the cable hookup on the back of my TV.  It appears that Comcast requires some sort of box, whether basic cable or preferred because they have encrypted their signal.  I did hook my TV up to an antenna, and I had no sound or video cutting out issues, which makes me think it is the cable that is the problem not my TV.  The only other cause of the problem could be the HDMI cable, which I doubt is the problem.  I know the cable box isn't the problem because I got a new one from Comcast, and a tech guy came out and checked it.  It is either the TV or the cable, I sure hope the person that comes out this Saturday can figure out which it is, and if it it is the cable he/she can fix it.